MY K-POP RANT

• I'm hesitant to post this but...I actually "under idolize" idols a lot, mentally.

I tend to credit a lot of the idols look to having the best make up artist and stylist. We all know make up plays a large part in how someone looks and even clothes can make you look better/worst. I've seen idols in very "comfortable" clothes and idols without make up and while most aren't "ugly" and still very pretty, they definitely don't look god/goddess visual status all the time. I feel there are a lot of "regular" people who are pretty and I'm confident given the same stylist and make up artist, they will also look like the prettiest humans in the world.

I'm also aware of the effects of autotune and sound processing in the finished product of a song and I'm sure a lot of kpop idols don't sing as well as you think. Even when singing live, the voices can still be tuned.

Even with personality, given all the bullying cases or even example like Day6 Jae after leaving group, I'm pretty cynical with idols personality, you simply just don't know how they really are, even some of my faves I "catch" little signs of them getting out of character and potentially red flags.

I also don't get the whole idol are the hardest working praises. I'm sure the job is hard hard but so is just about every other job out there. Take for example, nurses, especially during the pandemic with only a fraction of the pay the top idols get.

But I never let this get in the way of enjoying kpop. I see the hobby as a fantasy, much like enjoying playing video game or watching a movie. I'll praise my faves like they're the prettiest, kindest, hardest working humans in the world, but it's all part of me partaking in the hobby itself but in reality, I'm very well aware and is conscience of all the issues you've mentioned but being realistic about it is no fun lol

So stan my faves because they're the prettiest, hardest working, most talented humans :siptear:

• Not you writing more than me :pepe-cut: kkkkkk

I'll never understand why some kpop fans love to discredit others talent just to feel superior or to make their faves superior. It doesn't make sense bc in their case they are "fighting against losers (the hated idols) so what is there to win?"... Literally, if they are that bad, why do they still have your attention?? Clearly they bother you, but this is a YOU problem...

Praising producers, i agree with you, if you find them good, do your praise! Sometimes i praise Teddy and with my reasons! This b makes great music :thumbup:

Over appreciating isn't that much of a problem for me, the problem lies when some over appreciate while insulting others or when they try to make it a competition... Literally clowns.

And having higher standards towards idols you hate while accepting anything from your faves seems more like you think the hated idol/group is more talented than your faves rather than anything. It's almost a compliment bc it's like you took that idol/group seriously enough for wanting them to appease to you and with your fave you just blindly accept anything throw at you with no expectations bc you "love them".

Overall I'm also no perfect, but it's easier to judge others than to judge myself :clown: kkkkkkk

• I tend to credit a lot of the idols look to having the best make up artist and stylist. We all know make up plays a large part in how someone looks and even clothes can make you look better/worst. I've seen idols in very "comfortable" clothes and idols without make up and while most aren't "ugly" and still very pretty, they definitely don't look god/goddess visual status all the time. I feel there are a lot of "regular" people who are pretty and I'm confident given the same stylist and make up artist, they will also look like the prettiest humans in the world.

actually kinda agree with this point, I think many "average" people have the ability to look decent with the proper styling and make up.

that doesn't take away from idols beauty ofc, everyone have their own charms, cause of the nature of their job and with all eyes being on them, idols often have to be "presentable", while most commoners don't have as much pressure or as many professionals to take care of their looks

btw I'm glad you shared your opinion, despite hesitating <3

But I never let this get in the way of enjoying kpop. I see the hobby as a fantasy, much like enjoying playing video game or watching a movie. I'll praise my faves like they're the prettiest, kindest, hardest working humans in the world, but it's all part of me partaking in the hobby itself but in reality, I'm very well aware and is conscience of all the issues you've mentioned but being realistic about it is no fun lol

fair enough, as long as it's enjoyable

I also don't get the whole idol are the hardest working praises. I'm sure the job is hard hard but so is just about every other job out there. Take for example, nurses, especially during the pandemic with only a fraction of the pay the top idols get.

I definitely think idols are very hard working, and I find fans praising them for their hardwork a sweet and rewarding gesture. I do aknowledge some other jobs can be just as challenging or more, but idt praising idols takes away from that.

I think my point in op has been misunderstood, I didn't mean I found issue with posts like "oh x idol is the sweetest, nicest, most hard working etc" those are normal and cute imo. what I usually find disturbing is some fans' need of downgrading the rest of people first, acting like their bias is the only decent human being left on earth on smtg. I find it cringe and unecessary, you don't have to talk about how everyone around you sucks or no one would do this or that gesture just to praise your bias for doing it, when it's actually not even a big deal.

• you clearly missed my points, but you do you

I find writing fun and I posted a thread on a public forum, you have the right to reply ofc, but it seems like a waste of your time since you won't bother to understand anyway

I am sensing agitations

Here :pepelove2:

Remeber it’s supposed to be fun :pepemusic:

• I am sensing agitations

Here :pepelove2:

Remeber it’s supposed to be fun :pepemusic:

oh dw I'm enjoying ;-) at least I'm not obsessed with things or people I dislike, I don't need to be hateful to relieve my stress :joy: :)

just wrote a rant, and will move on obviously, thanks for the concern :pepepizza:

btw, hiding under that "it's just kpop" umbrella is not cute, trying to shade others for taking humans and their careers seriously is not cute either :whistling:

you're not contributing anything useful to the thread so let's just stop.

• I was offering you my advice that was a very very long read. I spent time reading that. You don’t have to take it but also your smart ass attitude is rather ungrateful.

I was actually hoping to make you chillax with my post.

Anyway I don’t take things very seriously life has taught me that.

So :pepeshock:

• I was offering you my advice that was a very very long read. I spent time reading that. You don’t have to take it but also your smart ass attitude is rather ungrateful.

I was actually hoping to make you chillax with my post.

Anyway I don’t take things very seriously life has taught me that.

So :pepeshock:

aww sad you wasted your time reading :-(

all I can see here is you trying to pass off hate as jokes and "it's just kpop" mentality to excuse toxicity. you don't like what this thread is calling out, so you're basically proving my exact point , sad you don't realize the irony.

if you read, I assume you read the part about me self reflecting as well ? why does it bother you someone is trying to analyze online posts of random users, while also trying to reflect on themselves ? why does it bother you someone sees everyone who works in the kpop industry as actual humans and calls out those who don't ?

no I'm not being smart, I'm being me and I'm sorry you felt like you had to barge in for whatever reason.

"don't take things too seriously life has taught me that" pls don't make me laugh ^^

as if I would ever need life advice from you of all people.

being mature, responsible and self aware doesn't make you boring or "taking things too serious" but I guess you wouldn't know that

• You are putting a lot of words in my mouth yikes. Talk about projections. Who ever said you are “boring” and “not mature”?

Continue the therapy session, I didn’t barge in, this isn’t a private site so I can I come and go as I want. You clearly posted this for everyone or this would never have been posted in the first place.

Yes my advice is still the same. Relax and chill.

:pepe-toast:

• I don't think I need a therapy. I would've said idk who's projecting here, but I feel like I'd be offending people who actually have therapy sessions, so let's drop this part.

you didn't specifically say I was boring and not mature, but that doesn't mean I can't use those words in my reply. you were giving me advice to chill and not take things seriously, basically to have fun. and I said I'm perfectly fine the way I am, don't need advice from you. as you said this is a public space, I can write what I want.

pls stop replying this is getting ridiculous.

• I don't think I need a therapy. I would've said idk who's projecting here, but I feel like I'd be offending people who actually have therapy sessions, so let's drop this part.

you didn't specifically say I was boring and not mature, but that doesn't mean I can't use those words in my reply. you were giving me advice to chill and not take things seriously, basically to have fun. and I said I'm perfectly fine the way I am, don't need advice from you. as you said this is a public space, I can write what I want.

pls stop replying this is getting ridiculous.

I just dm you before reading this.

I will leave now :pepecry:

• I'm no saint but as far as I'm concerned I don't do any of this. I am a peaceful and pleasant fan who has had to put up with pointless arguments of youngsters here preaching and it does get a little tedious. I don't ever get involved in fan wars (not my thing) and just watch from the sidelines. The constant negativity is very off putting at times and makes me wish I was a silent fan who followed K pop without the internet. For the most part I try to brush it off. I just do me and my thing and hold my own views and opinions which I don't give a rats that is different from anyone else's. Part of being a grown up is having the integrity to admit when you're wrong or misguided and accepting defeat. Humility also helps.

End of my little rant.

• I'm no saint but as far as I'm concerned I don't do any of this. I am a peaceful and pleasant fan who has had to put up with pointless arguments of youngsters here preaching and it does get a little tedious. I don't ever get involved in fan wars (not my thing) and just watch from the sidelines. The constant negativity is very off putting at times and makes me wish I was a silent fan who followed K pop without the internet. For the most part I try to brush it off. I just do me and my thing and hold my own views and opinions which I don't give a rats that is different from anyone else's. Part of being a grown up is having the integrity to admit when you're wrong or misguided and accepting defeat. Humility also helps.

End of my little rant.

you're one of the most peaceful users in this forum imo :borahae:

makes me wish I was a silent fan who followed K pop without the internet

I miss those times of me being a kpop fan without caring about fandom stuff, it was so peaceful ;(

I have to admit, it's also fun to interact with people who share similar interests, so it's not like I regret it completely, and that's probably why I'm still here. but the negativity does throw me off sometimes and I consider leaving.

Part of being a grown up is having the integrity to admit when you're wrong or misguided and accepting defeat. Humility also helps.

I agree, none of us are saints but it's important to be able to admit when you're wrong.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!