Now that Snow Drop (Jisoo’s Drama) ended, were kpopies justified in their wanting to cancel the drama?

• Never wished for it to be cancelled, but wished it was a better drama period. It was slow. Confusing at time. And the end just ruined it. Also I keep forgetting Jisoo is from Blackpink and I don’t think people wanted to cancel it because they hate Blackpink. In general knet like to exaggerate issues and international fans often just bandwagons even if they have no idea what’s going on….

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

4ca3c94a140c38326868f624c2d5d1b062af8138.gifv

• I had some reserve when the directors and JTBC kept saying « please watch the drama first to find out about the truth ». Like, I get why people were offended by that kind of statement tbh. But then we actually all watched it and it turned out neither JTBC nor the producers were lying lol. Pretty much all the accusations were baseless and blown out of proportion, especially the one about the ANSP being beautified.

The complaint I didn’t get was the fact showing the ANSP agents/officials —actual human beings in theory— acting like people who could be morally grey depending on the situation was… problematic?

Them having a hobby, friends or enjoying food isn’t beautifying. They didn’t suddenly become good people because they act like humans do :pepe-cross:

Evil, disgusting, people irl aren’t like anime villains. It’s because they can show themselves relatable to some extent and act « normal » that they are horrible.

Eun Changsu loved his children above everything else, went through a lot of pain and heartbreak because of what was happening to them. But he didn’t care about other people’s kids. He only wanted his safe and would have slaughtered every single student if it wasn’t for Youngro. Not to mention his children fighting for their life is his fault as well.

Chief Ahn was some kind of « comedic relief » character people wanted to feel sympathetic towards for all the bullying he went through, until it was revealed he’s behind the framing and extreme torture of several innocents. And that he enjoys it.

Nam Taeil was the epitome of your conniving hot headed and lowkey dumb villain.

For 90% of the show the ASNP agents and officials were shown torturing, threatening and plotting against innocents all so the dictatorship could win the elections. And everytime they were brought up it was along a traumatizing backstory/event.

• I understand why people have been angry about them being shown as being human. Because of the very serious history and the near century ramifications of the shit in our society. It's the same thing with North Korea. People here will be angry if you showed us that kim jong un is human. People like whatever is seen as evil such as those people to be viewed as demons some monsters since they have committed such atrocities, so showing that those people are human, makes people uncomfortable because your supposed to be understanding of your fellow man, maybe even show sympathy.

But portraying them only as monsters removes that emotional link. It's the same thing soldiers, do because if they saw the man on the other side as a human he wouldn't have the heart to kill him

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!