music videos that serve their purpose/make sense

• slightly different from the idea of having a story-line. but just taking the lyrics and using symbolism etc.

some are so simple but even then it's kinda amazing. it's not just random shit, it relates to the meaning of the lyrics + more, you can tell actual thought was put into all of the following:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Lovesick Girls definitely makes sense!

Also, I would add What is Love to the list because the song is about wondering what love really is and each movie is how they portray love to be in their own interpretation.

External Content www.youtube.com

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• The MV really relates to the lyrics of the song. The song is about how everyday is just you, repeating every single day doing the same boring thing everyday, leading a meaningless life. This is shown through the main character, waking up being like a Zombie, going to work going through his mundane tasks

Special stuff to take note which I noticed in the MV

• The main character woke up, and didn't even freshen up, wearing what he wore to sleep to work
    • While walking to work, everyone is moving at such a fast pace no one has time for anyone because everyone is so busy
    • This hits hard when the lyrics went "I became a zombie
      I walk on, drifting aimlessly"
    • Same thing happens in work, no one bothered to ask how he is doing everyone is so engrossed in their own lives to care about you
    • Main character reaches a bridge, wondering if he should just jump off the bridge and end his life
    • His room starts flooding, suggesting tears as the lyrics says "Get it all out, Wanna cry
      Let go of everything, Can I cry Give me back my tears, they’ve run dry Oh oh"
    • Main character returns home, doesn't even bother changing and lie on his bed, with water flooded in his room. He doesn't bother to change or do anything because he knows the next day things are going to be the same again as the lyrics go "Tomorrow will be no different
      I live counting the time ’til I close my eyes"
    • The last part how Young K and Jae sang the chorus, they sound sad and defeated just like the main character. The way Day6 sing the chorus throughout the song is different if you noticed
    • Young K and Jae sounded a bit more hopeful with the first chorus, while Sungjin and Wonpil sounded more angry and desperate in the second, while Young K and Jae just sound defeated in the third chorus
    • MV and song touches on sensitive issues like worklife, stress, mental health issues, suicide etc etc
    • The song and MV doesn't sugarcoat stuff, it doesn't end with a happy ending saying like "oh things will be better" instead it gives you the facts, that is things are going to be shitty
    • However, the song does give some level of comfort, in a sense that if you think that things are going to be shitty, guess what, other people listening to the song probably feel the same way as well. And this sort of gives some level of comfort in a sense that you know that you are not the only one feeling this way and it is normal
    • Also, I'm sure the song hits especially hard for people who hard rough times due to covid the last year

I know I've been shamelessly promoting the song and MV multiple times the last year and for a very good reason. The song and MV itself is a masterpiece that needs to be appreciate. If even until now you haven't watch or listened to the MV/song, do just spare a few minutes of your time to give it a chance

:danceb::danceb::danceb:

• External Content www.youtube.com

• day6 supremacy

• The message is portrayed well that they're sexy

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!