Why Kpop fans have a weird kink about nationalities ?

• Yes more people from around the world in kpop is always a good thing

but why kpop fans always have some weird obsession about wanting different nationalities in groups ?

like when a kpop group debut with just koreans members, you always see some people like "this group will fail they need a chinese or japanese members "

or how some people are always talking about when will see more indonesian idol, or an idol from malaysia, or from vietnam

like is it just me who find this weird to hype someone more from their nationalities than their actual talent ?

also it weird how kpop wants more different nationalities in kpop, but these nationalities must come from an asian country

Because Kpop fans wants more diversity, but the "diversity" must still be asian , because if you're a white person who wants to debut in a kpop group, you're categorize as a koreab*o and for which reason because they are white, and are talking a language who's not from their country and follow a culture who's not theirs

And the weirdest things too that kpop fans seems to have is the way they are trying to rank nationalities in kpop like when you see people say " Yeah Chinese idols visual is above koreans visual "

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• SooYoung

Changed the title of the thread from “Why Kpop fans are a weird kink about nationalities ?” to “Why Kpop fans have a weird kink about nationalities ?”.
  • I've thankfully never encountered any people like this, but the thought appalls me. Who cares what nationality someone is? It's not something they can control. Talent should come way before nationality is even considered in my opinion. That is weird that people even consider it. The last point you make sounds disgusting to me. That's literally fetishization (correct me if I'm wrong) and a bunch of stereotyping involved. While there may be some similarities, not everyone from the same country looks like a clone of each other. I really hope these people outgrown their mindset really soon. Have a great day/night!

• I've thankfully never encountered any people like this, but the thought appalls me. Who cares what nationality someone is? It's not something they can control. Talent should come way before nationality is even considered in my opinion. That is weird that people even consider it. The last point you make sounds disgusting to me. That's literally fetishization (correct me if I'm wrong) and a bunch of stereotyping involved. While there may be some similarities, not everyone from the same country looks like a clone of each other. I really hope these people outgrown their mindset really soon. Have a great day/night!

Well i saw a lot of people like this who seem to have this weird thing for nationalities

even when a new group introduce their members they seem to have this weird kink of always stanning the foreigner of the group before even knowing how they are personal wise or their skills

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Well i saw a lot of people like this who seem to have this weird thing for nationalities

even when a new group introduce their members they seem to have this weird kink of always stanning the foreigner of the group before even knowing how they are personal wise or their skills

That is weird to me. The furthest I’d probably go is: “Oh, they’re from ________, that’s cool. I wonder if they miss their home country,” and it would likely end there until I knew more about them.

• For those types of "fans" silly ifans jokes on you. Our top kpop groups are all Korean 😎,stray kids. ATEEZ, BtoB, monsta x oh saved the best for last BTS. Good thing we don't listen to you guys about what to do with our culture and our country.

• I noticed that too

They have a kink of putting down Korean members to praise non-koreans in the group

weird shit

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• yeah

it's like any other nationalities are superior to koreans in kpop

I think ifans for whatever reason have inferiority complex toward Koreans and they get a kick out of putting them down

Dont get me started on the fact that they make it seem like historically Koreans have been the oppressors in the region

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• taking the risk to be booed, i don't think white people should be able to become idols. kpop, jpop, cpop and etc... are called like that for a reason. if you want white people dancing and singing then look at the whole american and european music market. some things are meant to stay just the way they are and for a reason

like when a kpop group debut with just koreans members, you always see some people like "this group will fail they need a chinese or japanese members "

i usually see exactly the opposite. many people going "this group has non-korean members so they'll probably going to flop hard" especially in korea since many koreans don't like foreigners rather than "oh they need non-korean members to succeed"

like is it just me who find this weird to hype someone more from their nationalities than their actual talent ?

And the weirdest things too that kpop fans seems to have is the way they are trying to rank nationalities in kpop like when you see people say " Yeah Chinese idols visual is above koreans visual "

however, i do agree with these takes. ridiculous amount of people are hyping and ranking nationalities by the most random criteria which is weird af

• It goes both ways... i-fans want to see more of themselves, especially this generation that's literally grown up with kpop. I also think k-fans get too hung up on it as well.

• the word "kink" in your title implies something sexual lol, but i get what you mean

I agree people shouldn't hype or not hype idols for their nationality because it's the talent that matters, however I also agree with the other side of the argument which is that if kpop has all these different East Asian nationalities represented (Korean, Japanese, Chinese) then shouldn't they have more South East Asian representation? Why aren't trainees from those countries selected? Is it because of lack of interest or is it discrimination?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!