Things you didn't notice in Taeyeon's "I Can't Control Myself" MV

• - at the beggining, when taeyeon is in the train station, you can see a sign that says "stop on red signal" ( (at 0:31), but the ligths are giving mixed signals as it continues to change between green and red, representing how Taeyeon wants to stop the relationship but can't control herself, so she comes back to him everytime

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

- the book on her room is Only Time Will Tell by Jeffrey Archer, don't think the plot has much to do with the MV but the title might represent the open ending, since we don't know if she ends up breaking up with him or not

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

this quote from the book does seem to represent her situation pretty well tho

- The wounds she has on her body are due to the roses thrown by the audience. You can see in this scene how a rose make a scracth on her nose.

External Content twitter.com

did you notice anything else? :pepe-notes:

External Content www.youtube.com

External Content www.youtube.com

• I love that you noticed these things. I am so excited to see her getting to delve more into her own personal style of music again for the first time since her debut. I noticed a few other things but I am gonna sit back and watch y'all be little detectives :pepe-comfy:

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

7dba02bdc08c83fccd51f1281b8d9c70dc0aab01.gifvf53b57b7fd628fc410dc55e13a297b577dd275b5.gifvc7d5ba0c6c13ba34f5a2256c00d92f719750a71d.gifv

• This really makes sense! I could tell her acting in that play was more of a metaphor for her putting on a farce with him in public, and the scenes where they were alone (where she was blonde and sitting on the floor mostly) was where the relationship was bad. And the scene where she takes off the wig makes me think she can no longer put up an act in public? Not sure on that though. I was definitely confused where she got the wounds though and didn't catch the rose scratching her, so I feel like I understand the MV even better now which makes me appreciate it more!

• Not anything I noticed but

When she breaks down in front of the crowd, they still just applaud, and stand up (& then the roses). Definitely a lot of meaning behind that. (Is it about being a public figure? Like even when she is showing her real hurt, it's still just entertainment to many people. Or is it still just relating to the MV story. Interested to hear what people think)

a9888f11bb6ef6c2b673198d5343e8aab1efad58.jpg   5c40bd68412465344edf91a86be2dba01811fb34.jpg   5184d0e5ed837652c7895e93c6e75676da7c1512.jpg   70012d570dd06dce4792b2a5a73391112bc93bd9.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!