Random thoughts of mine on K-pop after watching the Kep1er Studio Choom performance. Also what’s your fav studio choom

• I’ll admit that I’m watching this specifically for two reasons… well three I guess. Reason 1: Bahiyyih. I’ve never actually seen her in movement and so I was interested lol. 2: people kept saying it was a mix of straight up cute and girl crush but tbh it’s just girl crush. It’s a straight up like girl crush song ripped from like…. 2017 Twice lol. (Think Likey. Just singing random onomatopoeia in an anthem-like and a hook phrase with mix of cute and sing-rap verses.) like I haven’t seen the video but I know there’s a growth moment for one of the girls and like I’m sure a dance circle where everyone’s hype or whatever. Reason 3: I just love the camera work and lighting of studio choom.

My thoughts: now remember these are random about KPOP AT LARGE. I learned immediately that mixed (with a white parent) idols make the Korean gene look very recessive when they have bleached hair. Bahiyyih and Somi both look like… Swedish. I don’t really care if they have blonde hair or not and it doesn’t add or retract anything, but at first i didn’t recognize either of them as blondes because I thought that somi was a back up dancer the first time I saw her with blonde hair😅 and Bahiyyih I just didn’t recognize cause I didn’t even know she dyed her hair 👀🥴

Second thought: studio choom makes everything mesmerizing looking no matter how good it is. (Right before this I watched a focus of that one insanely pretty girl in the Mmmh dance of studio choom. You know the one it has like 4 m views or whatever.) the girl wasn’t that great of a dancer but she still looked great doing it and then I realized that tbh Bahiyyih isn’t that great either. It’s the lack of facial movement! She (and Kai’s dancer) doesn’t really express any emotion when dancing and it’s because she’s so focused on the moves being perfect. Her moves WERE perfect, but they were robotic because they were SO perfect that they were kind of emotionless. It made me feel kind of bad for Bahiyyih because it made me wonder if she really wants to be an idol or if she’s just gorgeous and everyone in her family is famous so it’s kind of expected of her… anyways….

What’s your favorite Studio Choom performance?

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• This is iconic....*coughs*

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Along with this

Another Fave:

Sorry I can't pick just 1 #multi-stanlife

• Honestly I watched the choom too and as much as I like the choreography at some part, other parts are annoying. Lots of walking around like….soldier type walking around. Then straight back going down on their knee with those clothes some of them looked so awkward.

I do think Bahiyyi wanna be an idol but either this style of dance is not the best for her (seen her other fancam and she was much better at smoother dances) but it’s also possible that she is just not gonna be an idol who is great at dancing? It looked like she was focusing on the dance so much that she didn’t have time to relax into acting/enjoying the dance (she also had the least training I think among them so she needs to grow as an artist).

Personally I think setting the debut this close to the show end is a double edged sword (I think this is how they say it).

It’s good because for the fans the program is still fresh so the hype will be still there, but also girls had less time to get used to work together, practice and grow.

For example looking at the line distribution the girls with least parts are Hikaru, Xiaoting and Bahiyyih. The first two is not as good with Korean yet and bahiyyih is behind in training maybe she don’t have the technic to carry bigger part of the song? That could be the reason for the smaller parts. This could easily change in the future with more practice, more learning but it did caused argument within the fandom.

My all time favourite Studio choom are these:

Txt-Puma

External Content youtu.be

Kai-peaches

External Content youtu.be

• Me when I saw you mention Likey as "girl crush".

fa2f57323e1b2d4ee49ed83b3ff21c34f8410923_00.gif

It’s like the Twice brand of Girl Crush. You’re right it ISNT girl crush, but it’s not like a new attempt at being a cute version of girl crush. I believe it’s called “high teen” but I just feel like a pedo if I listen to music called “high teen”

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• :pepe-excited:

External Content m.youtube.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!