do you like arguing

• do you feel arguing makes you close to people?

i think it does for me

i dont mean the kinds of arguments that are petty and turn into personal attacks but heated debates over specific topics and opinions

as much as i like sweet people, i dont think i can ever get close to people who are too agreeable and non-confrontational

is this normal?

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• depends on the topic at hand and whether the person is interested in more of a debate to get to know the other perspective better or whether it's an argument to see who's right...

there's merit in both

oh and the other person obviously should be able to hold a cohesiveness conversation and what not

• depends on the topic at hand and whether the person is interested in more of a debate to get to know the other perspective better or whether it's an argument to see who's right...

there's merit in both

oh and the other person obviously should be able to hold a cohesiveness conversation and what not

well the way i see it, its a great way to learn about perspectives and also the other person on a deeper level

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• well that was not my point

its a given that the argument has context and both sides are participating willingly

but even in such arguments there can be a winners take all approach

for example a courtroom or mock trials or a debate for example where the goal is to win not merely understand the other side

• but even in such arguments there can be a winners take all approach

for example a courtroom or mock trials or a debate for example where the goal is to win not merely understand the other side

eh idk i thought its pretty clear im talking about friends not the law

even with a winners take all approach though, both sides can come out with more knowledge and mutual respect than they started with

which can create bonding

u r m o m g a y

• eh idk i thought its pretty clear im talking about friends not the law

even with a winners take all approach though, both sides can come out with more knowledge and mutual respect than they started with

which can create bonding

that is also possible and true...

• No, I find most people don't bother actually explaining their side and then they get attitude when I question it. It actually stresses me out.

But I'm also super argumentative because I want to hear explanations... If I'm wrong, tell me why!

• I like to argue because I feel like that it's one way to see how the person truly reacts to a situation or has opinions about something. Helps me judge people better, since I rarely trust people (T.T) but this is somewhat of a negative trait too because I argue with only those who I want to be close with.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!