So Kang Daniel is being dragged for accidentally saying Monster X once instead of Monsta X and proceeding to say it correctly many times after that

• Which is honestly proof that his antis will use literally anything against him. Monbebes regularly point out perceived slights against MX and they never get traction, but I'm not surprised this one is blowing up. His antis were blaming him for ruining the Wanna One reunion because someone on his staff got COVID like he personally infected them to stop it.

He was one of the most loved member during Produce and Wanna One time. I don't understand why the tides turned against him all of a sudden.

• Not just few, this thread is made here today but actually he's been getting dragged on korean sites for this. Articles against him were trending on top when this ep aired.

Monbebes and antis were definitely trying to drag him but non-fans didn't seem to care. It even flopped on Pann - knets were clowning the angry fans and saying "oh I thought it was 몬스터 all this time." The biggest post just had k-Monbebes spamming photos of their faves by the end.

Edited once, last by efem ().

• He was one of the most loved member during Produce and Wanna One time. I don't understand why the tides turned against him all of a sudden.

I don't get it either. I wasn't into kpop back then and only discovered him when he had his solo debut, but even then I was just like wtf did this guy do? From outside looking in it seems like some people took their disappointment over Wanna One's end and turned it into anger at him for some reason. Like even last year when there were rumors Wanna One was gonna reunite at MAMA popped up and fell through, people were blaming him saying he didn't want to do it when in reality it was because the names of the members who were rigged out had just come out.

• He was one of the most loved member during Produce and Wanna One time. I don't understand why the tides turned against him all of a sudden.

Exactly, and if I remember correctly he was popular between older women, so naturally, we would expect his fans to be more mature. But I guess everything started after some rumors said that he rushed his solo debut because his company knew that Dispatch will reveal that he dated Jihyo and some said he "took advantage" of his fans. Plus he has a lawsuit with his former agency and tbh I think they tried to destroy him.

He is actually such a cutie pie, he doesn't deserve this wave of hate.

I think it started when he missed the WannaOne reunion. The fans thought that he had turned his back from the group and it kinda like betrayal for them. I'm sure he had valid reason for not attending because all member of Wanna One still have good relation with each other till this day.

• Exactly, and if I remember correctly he was popular between older women, so naturally, we would expect his fans to be more mature. But I guess everything started after some rumors said that he rushed his solo debut because his company knew that Dispatch will reveal that he dated Jihyo and some said he "took advantage" of his fans. Plus he has a lawsuit with his former agency and tbh I think they tried to destroy him.

He is actually such a cutie pie, he doesn't deserve this wave of hate.

I don't think it had something to do with his fans. His fans actually very loyal.

And yes, he didn't deserve the hate

Daniel gets hate because some fans of other former w1 members are bitter he is still doing well

Edited 3 times, last by h28 ().

It's not all of a sudden, trust me. He was one of the most loved members but he was also one of the most hated ones at the same time. That's why he sued that gallery/forum - the things they were spreading about him were vile. Bullying and harassing his mom, accusing him of SA of a minor W1 member, death threats and negging projects in which they followed him and news about him everywhere only to write negative comments about him as soon as the things were posted, to name a few.

And then when he was dating, he got a whole new set of antis. Jaded ex-fans, regular trolls who hate on all idols who date and jealous fans of his ex gf. It's sad and unfortunate. They're constantly trying to change public perception of him by neg bombing every single article and post about him to convince people he's hated. Kind of like April fans are/were doing to Hyunjoo.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• It’s because that one Monsta X member was being petty

No, but I understand him too. Their name keeps getting mispronounced and wrongly written. He didn't correct nor attack Daniel, just reminded everyone how it was actually said/spelled. It's other people who took it out of line.

mKl7Ghm.png

• to anyone making fun here just know that MonstaX have been here for many years and on many occasions their name is mispronounced which is very disrespectful even joohoney name gets mispronounced therefore it is a very sensitive matter to them and to us monbebe as well ... and actually it was just pointed out in a comment no one canceled anyone....

• Let's be real it doesn't matter

It really doesn't haha, the whole situation is a non-issue, especially because he corrected himself within minutes of saying it somewhat wrongly and Joohoney wasn't dragging him either.

Some people just like using every opportunity to bash others and then fandoms get a victim complex and hype up the issue as some huge wrong done against their fave. Both sides did it, but it was just a small portion of people and they were being loud and doing it, the others didn't care nor wanted to attack or drag anybody.

mKl7Ghm.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!