Do you have any regrets from your school years? If yes, let's talk about them

• Sometimes I wish I went out more. I didn't go out at all, I was raised really strictly and wasn't allowed anything.

Now I have so many freedoms that I don't know what to do with them.

Also, I wish I studied less and done more hobbies and things that I enjoyed.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• Also, there was a girl in my elementary school who was bullied a lot. I was bullied too, but she was bullied way more. At one point I even felt relieved when she joined our class, because I was ignored most of the time while people picked on her. I wish I did more to help her. Later in elementary school, I stood up for her, but I was so selfish at first. I regret it so much. I apologized to her years later, but that still pains me.

I knew how it felt yet I let her be treated the same because I got picked on less. That's so horrible.

I wish I could confront my main high school bully now. I'm really popular and successful, have great friends and a good life and I want to throw that in his face, since he always used to say that I would amount to nothing.

I wish I went to a different high school. I listened to my abuser and chose the school they chose for me and that is my biggest regret probably.

mKl7Ghm.png

• Thought prom was lame. Even if it actually was, there was a girl that a grade higher than me that clinged to me but I thought she was out of my league and only thought of me as a friendly clarinet buddy. But in hindsight, she probably woulda went to prom with me if I had asked. Shoulda just at least had the prom experience.

• Thought prom was lame. Even if it actually was, there was a girl that a grade higher than me that clinged to me but I thought she was out of my league and only thought of me as a friendly clarinet buddy. But in hindsight, she probably woulda went to prom with me if I had asked. Shoulda just at least had the prom experience.

I'm sorry, that sucks. Did you stay in contact?

Prom was lame for me too, now that I think about it. So lame.

mKl7Ghm.png

• Oh gosh my regrets are countless :pepe-sad: My biggest is probably being homeschooled through all of elementary school because I was so socially stunted

BUT LOOK AT YOU NOW! YOU CAME A LONG WAY

mKl7Ghm.png

• I'm still extremely awkward in person but I am a lot better than back then :yesr:

That's right, you're a lil awkward but you're you so that means you're great and came a long way

mKl7Ghm.png

• Middle school was fun, I don’t really have any regrets… but I wish I would’ve opened up more in high school, for some reason I was very insecure and kept to myself a lot thankfully I still had friends and had fun moments (thanks to my friends who put up with my personality :p)

• There are so many but I'll write the basics.

I was addicted to getting those full marks instead of gaining actual knowledge. Could have explored more and took up Humanities or Arts instead of Science.

I was really aggressive in nature back then, people used to think of me as a psycho or something. I used to write diary entries and kinda showed off to the whole class then my diary got stolen and was circulated among my friend circle, basically my secrets were revealed. Again a similar incident happened 2 years after but it wasn't regarding diary entries but all my friends revealed that I "bitch" about all my friends as if they don't do similar with me but yeah I was an "evil witch" according to the whole class. This happened because I didn't know how to nurture friendships and chose the wrong group.

Senior High School was a pain in my ass. Not only I took up a stream that didn't suit I stopped focusing on myself and started dating a guy. My whole life was about that guy that I stopped thinking about myself.

There's a lot more but these are the core decisions that ruined my life.

• Middle school was fun, I don’t really have any regrets… but I wish I would’ve opened up more in high school, for some reason I was very insecure and kept to myself a lot thankfully I still had friends and had fun moments (thanks to my friends who put up with my personality :p)

I can relate! How would you say that you're now as a person?

mKl7Ghm.png

• I can really relate to the part I bolded. I totally get it.

Do you feel like you've gotten better/over some of the things you mentioned? Are you happier now?

mKl7Ghm.png

• I should have built up my inhibitions earlier on. Everything would be ok if I did.

Mostly my work ethic would be stable, I would have taken lots more and better opportunities and I would be in a way better standing.

But especially better for that one gal, if i did. I crushed her without even knowing it and the pain in her eyes afterwards still haunts me.

• ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png

• Yes, even though it's been thirty five years, I wished I'd been more outgoing. I was a bright student, but not hugely popular. That's where my social anxiety began. If I had had someone who had invested the time in me I would've become more confident which would've changed the outcome of my life. I also wished I'd left school in Year 10 and gone off to Tech and done hairdressing or beauty therapy then I would have had a trade for life instead of going onto Year 12 and struggled to get a job.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!