My Teenage Girl has a hint of how Soyeon will fix GIDLE post Soojin

• There was a segment in the recent episode of MBC My Teenage Girl where Soyeon was coaching a girl in her "class". This trainee was a good vocalist but her dancing was weak compared to the other trainee she is battling against. Soyeon told her that her strategy should be using her vocals to impress the audience and avoid doing too much dancing. So basically, stay mostly still when she is belting some notes, but when no singing do a bit of dancing.

This is reminiscent of what GIDLE will be going through without their ex main dancer Soojin. Will Soyeon make the group focus on power vocals? And use more easy to do dances and facial expressions? Miyeon x Minnie x Yuqi x Soyeon are a pretty strong vocal unit.

GIDLE was never a dancing powerhouse like ITZY but it will be interesting to see how Soyeon will apply GIDLE's current strengths (yea, Shuhua will still not get many or almost no lines).

• This actually makes sense. Honestly, i've advocated for Kpop to adjust their choreo and maybe even the songs themselves so that the person singing can do less dancing and just focus on vocals. OMG does this for Secret Garden and a little for Dun Dun Dance i think. Just have the person singing break from the choreo and then reenter the choreo after he or she is done with their verse.

I never considered Idle a performance group i agree. They're more song and vocal focused, and tbh i never really paid attention to anyone but Miyeon and Soyeon during their live stages so not having SJ there won't impact my enjoyment of them.

• I'm still salty that they didn't replaced S.

why?

because now if one of Idle members will be injured/ill/develop anxiety then from 6 they will go to 4, and it could be hella hurtful for a groups stage presence in first/second comeback after Soojins departure

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• So some believes

- I-DLE has powerful vocalist(s)

- Soyeon has so much control over her group

Idle is a self-produced group and Soyeon produces the most of their songs. She directs the members how they should sound. She has her hands on pretty much all aspects of creativity including choreo and stage direction. It's like that because Cube trusts her. The group also has a good vocal line.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be

Edited 6 times, last by hokiedood ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!