Did more girlgroups find success in 2nd generation compared to 3rd generation and why?

• Stayc barely has a hit. ASAP is no where near say dalla dalla Or next level. It's not huge but was enough to get them some popularity. They'll need a hit bigger than ASAP. Lightsum made zero noise. Gidle can't judge until they actually make a comeback.

StayC was like I don't know, let's say the 'So Cool' of Sistar? The breakout hit that isn't near the national hit level but a hit that got the public to notice them. It's up to their follow up music to see how things go.

Right now the interesting one to watch would be IVE.

• StayC was like I don't know, let's say the 'So Cool' of Sistar? The breakout hit that isn't near the national hit level but a hit that got the public to notice them. It's up to their follow up music to see how things go.

Right now the interesting one to watch would be IVE.

Stayc follow up should have been better. I like stereotype but the song did nothing for them I feel. These groups don't have much chances given how fast the gg scene changes.

IVE has exceeded my expectations in chart performance. I never expected it to do so good on the charts. Starship should give a good follow up. Also I feel that the girls r getting attention outside of wonyoung and yujin. A leeseo vid was gaining views rapidly yesterday.

★¸.•☆•.¸★ 𝐉𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐎 ★⡀.•☆•.★

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv 38f275b68632fbb8a30ab7a0fce5512059a80556.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv61eb8841d60cd80c1298efc34ab05d6279af9b9a.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv4d43f06e62bc91bae199a1e0752740ea19fda0f9.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• Success is relative. When's a group successful, when isn't it successful?

Also, there's a distinction between success or popularity in South Korea, and success worldwide.

The larger popularity and recognition of K-pop worldwide has caused a lot of K-pop groups to do well, many more of them do as well as or better than K-pop groups used to do globally in 2nd gen era.

You can also see it in album sales, even rookie groups and less popular groups are able to have album sales that equal or surpasss the album sales of most groups in 2nd gen era.

In South Korea however, idol groups and idol songs aren't as popular as they used to be at the peak of 2nd gen era.

At the peak of 2nd gen era, the Korean annual chart Top 20 was filled to bursting with K-pop songs and K-pop groups, and not just the same handful, but all kinda different K-pop groups, girl groups and boy groups.

I think that was K-pop groups' most popular era in SK and with South Korean general public: K-pop groups and idols were everywhere, a huge presence in all kinda popular variety shows, they were a hype.

The past years that hasn't been the case: only a few K-pop groups reach the Gaon annual Top 20, and only a handful K-pop groups are a recognisable presence to the South Korean general public, outside of K-pop fans.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Yes, a lot of groups had hits, kpop overall was more popular with the gp, just look at the top 32:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

lee hyun is that old lol

i am shocked

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!