My first official IVE complaint

• Just a friendly reminder to my new and future friends I make because of our shared love of IVE.

I have and will continue to criticize my faves when they get on my nerves or do something I don't agree with. Everyone knows f(x) is my ultimate group by 500 trillion miles but I have called them out when they fucked up in the past. They and nobody is perfect. I'm not a blind fanboy.

But luckly my first official IVE complaint is not aimed at IVE. But at Starship.

Why are yall acting like yall are a nugu company? I would have bought IVE debut album in a heartbeat if it had at least 5 songs. But 2??? Oh hell no. Sistar alone made yall enough money to buy every employee their own mansion so please dont act like this is a "testing the waters" project.

You've got the star power, the money, and the talent to shoot IVE to the moon.

God I want this album so bad. Posters especially are my weakness. I've always been a fan of posters since I was a kid. And these posters here are to die for!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Do a repack. And I got you next time.

Rant over. IVE 4 LIFE! (or until their next release is horrible)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Companies don't do that any more. Not even the big 3.

Blackpink did not debut with an album. Neither did ITZY, and neither did Aespa.

I'd be surprised if JYPn does too, but with how long this roll out is, they might.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• I agree. I was kind of surprised there was a physical with only 2 songs. I can't remember if that's been done before recently?

Starship might be hit or miss in group concepts but they're good with their b-sides imo, so I do wish there was more.

• Companies don't do that any more. Not even the big 3.

Blackpink did not debut with an album. Neither did ITZY, and neither did Aespa.

I'd be surprised if JYPn does too, but with how long this roll out is, they might.

That is just nuts to me. Especially the Big 3. A new group will already sell 100k before the first member is revealed.

So why so cheap?

• I agree. I was kind of surprised there was a physical with only 2 songs. I can't remember if that's been done before recently?

Starship might be hit or miss in group concepts but they're good with their b-sides imo, so I do wish there was more.

When I was first collecting all of f(x) albums the last one I bought was their debut single album CHU. I paid $200 for it despite it only having 3 songs.

But the album was actually hand signed by all 5 members so theres that lol.

• When I was first collecting all of f(x) albums the last one I bought was their debut single album CHU. I paid $200 for it despite it only having 3 songs.

But the album was actually hand signed by all 5 members so theres that lol.

Oh for real!? When did you buy CHU if you don't mind me asking?

Honestly if it makes you happy I think it's totally worth spending that $$. It has all of their signatures, and it's a debut album too! Not exactly easy combo to find these days. I'm still lowkey mad at myself for hesitating to get Pink Tape while it was still in store years ago.

• I don't know why it's becoming trendy to debut girl groups with single albums. I could understand it for a smaller company, but it's always the bigger companies Like Starship is a medium sized company at this point.

As far as I know the only recent girl groups to debut with actual mini albums are Weeekly, Billlie, and Purple Kiss. Purple Kiss technically released two digital singles in the lead up to their debut, but they're just considered pre-release singles.

I suppose it's related to the fact that ggs are likely to sell less, but Starship should have taken the risk for I'VE.

• Oh for real!? When did you buy CHU if you don't mind me asking?

Honestly if it makes you happy I think it's totally worth spending that $$. It has all of their signatures, and it's a debut album too! Not exactly easy combo to find these days. I'm still lowkey mad at myself for hesitating to get Pink Tape while it was still in store years ago.

Almost a year ago to the day.

Screenshot_20201212-164641_Chrome.jpg

This is probably my most prized possession. Each member signed their name on their individual photo in the booklet.

When I first opened it and saw the ink from their signature on the photos I almost fainted. Especially knowing that I'm holding something that Sulli once held <3

• I said I would "try".

• Oh my gosh can't imagine how much you felt when receiving the album! Must've been a super emotional moment. <3

• I never liked physical albums. Even in the 80s I was all about digital music

Lol you went digital in the 80s??

Talk about being a trendsetter.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!