Fatou and Leia Being Awkward and Oilylondon💩

• actually korea is becoming more restrictive, anti-foreign, and traditional now compared to the past. before nobody blinked at the thought of a group made up of entirely biracial idols, or a group made up entirely of transwomen. the reception GP999 got in Korea should tell you how hard they are embracing their "minjok" (chauvinistic ethnic pride)

I don’t agree with it at all. I know a lot of people who had massive problems in Korea with racism and discrimination years ago (2000-2010s). Korea (South) was much worse in the past for foreigners. Nowadays, you have a lot of Exchange programs by big universities and international cooperations from there. Also, the local people are not ignoring foreigners (like in Japan where it is really hard to make Japanese friends) and a lot more things like job descriptions or certain services are more open towards English speaking foreigners. It’s just that on the internet the loudest ones are not always the majority. Korea is much more open than before and that‘s a fact. Just stating that before a trans kpop group could have existed, is such a ridiculous claim. I don’t even want to get into that.

Keep in mind:

Idol entertainment section =\= Korea. As someone who has lived there, I know the difference and idol fandoms are usually filled with either young kids or teenagers or with keyboard warriors. The normal working adult does not write the comments that you see on pann or translated on pannchoa. So GP999 is not representative at all. Plus, the tensions between SK, China and Japan have been a thing for decades. So that’s not a good example

• I don’t agree with it at all. I know a lot of people who had massive problems in Korea with racism and discrimination years ago (2000-2010s). Korea (South) was much worse in the past for foreigners. Nowadays, you have a lot of Exchange programs by big universities and international cooperations from there. Also, the local people are not ignoring foreigners (like in Japan where it is really hard to make Japanese friends) and a lot more things like job descriptions or certain services are more open towards English speaking foreigners. It’s just that on the internet the loudest ones are not always the majority. Korea is much more open than before and that‘s a fact. Just stating that before a trans kpop group could have existed, is such a ridiculous claim. I don’t even want to get into that.

Keep in mind:

Idol entertainment section =\= Korea. As someone who has lived there, I know the difference and idol fandoms are usually filled with either young kids or teenagers or with keyboard warriors. The normal working adult does not write the comments that you see on pann or translated on pannchoa. So GP999 is not representative at all. Plus, the tensions between SK, China and Japan have been a thing for decades. So that’s not a good example

they just learned to hide it better in front of people’s faces

• That looks awkward af. The part where Leia's trying so hard with the skin ship made me cringe from second hand embarrassment.

I feel like most of this drama could have been sorted out in private with an open discussion and an intervention from the people around them. The vlive after the drama is so awkward I feel like they could have waited a few more days for things to settle down before making it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!