NCT 127 - Favorite (Vampire) First Listen

• Let's see!!!

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Things I liked :-

1. Whistle Synth. That's it. Production is on this track is fantastic.

2. Perhaps the strongest chorus i've heard this year.... The drums in the second part of the chorus gives me literal goosebumps. So so good.

3. Harmonies are exquisite.

4. Members did so good.

Things I didn't like :-

1. That line "Just watching you never satisfy my soul" is delivered pretty badly and sounds out of place to me.

2. Some parts of rap are so-so.

Final Rating :- 9.25/10

Conclusion :- NCT 127 got everything covered. Experimental stuff like Sticker and Easier-to-get-into stuff like Favorite (that doesn't mean generic in this case). I can't stop replaying it.

What are your thoughts? Things you liked or didn't like? Any standout moments?

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• i loved it so much from first listen.

everything about it was so perfect.

and the girl you're my favorite.

ugh, perfection ;(

• I agree with everything you said about its strengths. I think the rap portions keep it fresh and modern sounding. I've seen a lot of discussion about it being second generation-ish, which I don't think it is at all but it seems to be the shorthand in kpop for any song that is vocally driven with an emphasis on harmonies. NCT 127 actually has a lot of songs like that but I digress. I'd say it's very SM-ish, not 2nd Gen-ish.

Either way, the structure is what keeps it contemporary - traditional kpop structures tend to be more vocal vocal vocal rap moment vocal vocal vocal. This song and many NCT 127 tt tend to be more rap rap vocal vocal rap rap vocal (this certainly isn't unusual in Western music or many 4th gen groups).

I love so many vocal elements here: the staccato, ascending delivery in the chorus, the way "saranghae tto saranghae" is sung, Taeil letting loose at the end, the closing ad libs from Haechan and Jaehyun, and Haechan's Huhoe eopsi, baby is my new "baby girl" where I'm slightly addicted to his delivery. I love the "hands down take that, etc" call and response in the rap, which I think it keeps it interesting, as well as the haunting aspect the whistle brings to the song.

I also really like the pacing of this song on the album. It flows so well into Sticker. That said...I really like this song, but I do agree a little bit with yutazenn here. I loved Sticker from the get go and despite me playing it (and the whole album into the earth), I do think Favorite pales a little in comparison to me because Sticker was so much and so fresh, where this feels familiar. Sticker felt like "I LOVE THIS THIS IS AMAZING I'M BOUNCING BUT WHOA THIS WHAT YEAH" and Favorite felt like "oh this is lovely! Oh I really like this." I'm already feeling a little of the wear out on Favorite that I felt on Lemonade (when I really like something, I tend to overplay it), where Sticker is still going strong.

I really like it, but it wouldn't move into my top 5..

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Thanks for the detailed insight.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!