Saying somebody looks like a lesbian is NOT hate speech, even if done disparagingly.

• Who is running these forums? Probably some Generation Z ass. I yearn for a time when people weren't so morally wrought, weren't so self-righteous.

context :pepe-tea: ?

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"Out of all the languages he could've spoken, He chose to speak facts"

• What are you referencing?

In any case, this is the dictionary definition of hate speech: "noun. speech, writing, or nonverbal communication that attacks, threatens, or insults a person or group on the basis of national origin, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability: The racist graffiti was condemned as hate speech."

So verbally attacking someone based on their perceived sexual orientation actually does fit the definition. Hate speech is not illegal though, at least not in the US, courts have repeatedly ruled that outlawing hate speech would violate the first amendment.

• What are you referencing?

In any case, this is the dictionary definition of hate speech: "noun. speech, writing, or nonverbal communication that attacks, threatens, or insults a person or group on the basis of national origin, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability: The racist graffiti was condemned as hate speech."

So verbally attacking someone based on their perceived sexual orientation actually does fit the definition. Hate speech is not illegal though, at least not in the US, courts have repeatedly ruled that outlawing hate speech would violate the first amendment.

yeah your right! it's not illegal but the forum rules clearly state no hate speech

also op is quite vague, so we have no clue what they said/created this issue so its hard to comment. I trust the mods here tho to be fair.

• What? what are you talking about? Just because I don't have an overly made-up Korean pop star with a number of plastic surgeries on their resume as my avatar picture I'm irrelevant?

no it's a reference to this thread.

• no it's a reference to this thread.

Too Long (and Dumb), Didn't Read.

• yeah your right! it's not illegal but the forum rules clearly state no hate speech

also op is quite vague, so we have no clue what they said/created this issue so its hard to comment. I trust the mods here tho to be fair.

Yeah, private companies like allkpop are allowed to have whatever rules they want regarding what is appropriate content. OP just sounds like a troll, I haven't noticed any problems with overzealous mods on here.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!