I don't get the hype around 2nd gen

• it's the opposite for me lol i can't get into any 4th gen songs

• Kpop was still in diapers and finding whatever worked for them back in the 2nd gen. Comparing that to the knowledge that the people behind 4th gen groups have when promoting those groups is makinga diservice to those who put themselves out there to shape what kpop is today. Also the promotion and target audience were different back then and now.

• A lot of songs aged extremely bad to me. Especially the electronic music and the horrendous autotune.

• I've heard so many 2nd gen groups and I have to say I find 80% of the music instant skips for me.

Even the albums that are hyped so much on here.

I think performance wise 2nd gen was the best.

• I don't mind younger people not getting 2nd gen...especially new international fans who just got into k-pop in the last 3-4 years or so...I can't control what people like or not..and will never force one to do so...you do you:)

But mind you 2nd generation groups miraculously spread through the world during a time when youtube users aren't as prominent as how it has been in the past 6-7 years...Even before gangnam style, I got to reach people from the states, denmark, australia, brazil back in 2010...It's crazy how we live in a normative western influenced entertainment yet we started picking music from the east....Call it bad music or whatever you like...But at the time it was something new..

Your current favourite groups today must've at some point looked up to them...even 3rd generation were lucky enough to ride on their success with an already somewhat big international k-pop following... K-pop now has evolved & have certainly adjusted to western palette, choreography are much more intricate & yes the skills and talent are seamless...But the thing about 2nd gen, is the nostalgia, the essence of discovering music from a country we know nothing of, unbelievably catchy tunes, a curated visual experience with their music videos and iconic choreography....Sure if u compare their MV to the ones u see now, of course its hella dated...But back then it was something else...

All i can say, treasure your current group, treasure this youth & this moment...I am the happiest person alive to be able to witness the golden age of k-pop...

• 2nd gen has some good songs but 3rd gen has the best imo. some 4th gen groups have good songs too but some release too many songs that sounds like pots and pans (some 2nd gen groups have that too lowkey)

• 2nd gen still got the best music to me. I don't know if it is nostalgia from my younger days but I am more emotionally into 2nd gen and early 3rd gen (2012 and 2013).

• I appreciate all the "gens" of K-pop, but I get it if you're not used to earlier iterations that don't have as much polish as there is now. Whenever I show 1st gen songs to my sister, she always says it's cheap and badly mixed and all that jazz, so I get where you're coming from. I do get frustrated, but at the end of the day, you can't change someone else's taste.

• Well unless you became a fan in second gen, you wouldn't

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!