Do you watch thai movies or dramas? Favourite thai actors or actresses?

• The fact that you find nothing wrong with thailand essentially "2nd classing" asian representation in their own country is not a good look. Just saying.

What’s not a good look is you defending Korea when Koreans think Southeast Asians are less attractive than them simply because of their skin color.

Keep worshipping Koreans, you’ll never become one. Sorry.

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

4ca3c94a140c38326868f624c2d5d1b062af8138.gifv

• You’re obviously a self hating southeast asian person who think very highly of Koreans.

Self hating? I'm trying to get better representation of Southeast Asians + better dark skin/trans/femme men representation. You don't even stan a dark southeast asian person. You stan a eurasian, so how can you talk as if you are making anything better?

I respect korea for giving half blacks like Hyunmin the same chance they give their Eurasians (as well as not 2nd classing asian representation). Korea is not perfect, but they are trying. We can't say the same about the thai industry.

Also most Koreans do not have natural double eye lids.

But some do. As well as many other asian races. Still not going to admit you goofed saying double eyelids is a european feature? Every race can have them. Black/Indian/Latino. Its not a eurocentric feature at all, yet you claimed it to be???

What’s not a good look is you defending Korea when Koreans think Southeast Asians are less attractive than them simply because of their skin color.

I don't even have dark skin, so i don't know what to tell you other than you are stereotyping. My father was dark skin and my mother wasn't. Asians are diverse you know.

I'm starting to suspect your real problem is you are an anti asian White supremacist and that you hate that i'm speaking out about the Eurasian over-representation harming Thailand. So you're basically doing all these what aboutisms toward Korea that don't benefit the SEA community at all.

Its really sad how i figured your trolling

• You’re totally ignorant if you honestly think Koreans don’t 2nd class non-Koreans. You literally gave one example of a half black dude a chance meanwhile ignoring the fact thousands of migrant workers in Korea face discrimination every day and aren’t afforded the same labor rights. Also Hyunmin did face racism throughout his life and his career so not sure why you’re using him as an example.

You keep dodging Korea’s racism problem which is proving how much you know nothing of Korea’s society besides what you see on popular tv. Proving how bias you are towards your criticism of other Asian countries.

Once again go educate yourself on Korea’s racism problem. You’re proving more and more how totally ignorant you are of this topic and basing your opinion the few tv shows and idols you support. What a joke.

Gi-Wook Shin on Racism in South Korea
    Protections against gender and sexual discrimination are increasing in South Korea, but addressing longstanding racial discriminations based in nationalism and…
    aparc.fsi.stanford.edu

'Squid Game' Filipino actor says racist cabbage-throwing incident in South Korea left him 'crying inside'
    Christian Lagahit, the actor behind Player #276 of “Squid Game,” shared his experience as a foreign worker in South Korea in an interview video posted to…
    news.yahoo.com

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

• I respect korea for giving half blacks like Hyunmin the same chance they give their Eurasians (as well as not 2nd classing asian representation). Korea is not perfect, but they are trying. We can't say the same about the thai industry.

But some do. As well as many other asian races. Still not going to admit you goofed saying double eyelids is a european feature? Every race can have them. Black/Indian/Latino. Its not a eurocentric feature at all, yet you claimed it to be???

My father was dark skin and my mother wasn't. Asians are diverse you know.

[Us and Them] The whiter the better: Korea’s racist hierarchy

Please read and educate yourself. Koreans literally gravitate towards White Americans and Europeans due to their Eurocentric features while distancing themselves from Blacks and Southeast Asians.

But keep ignoring FACTS in favor of your deluded mindset of how utopian you think Korea is.

• But some do. As well as many other asian races. Still not going to admit you goofed saying double eyelids is a european feature? Every race can have them. Black/Indian/Latino. Its not a eurocentric feature at all, yet you claimed it to be???

Please read the history of the double eyelid surgery and how it stemmed from American presence in Korea in the 1950’s. And how it has become the most popular cosmetic procedure in Korea to have eyes that are more “western”.

Uncovering history of double eyelid surgery

You’re the goof.

• blah blah blah

You did not respond to a single point i made (so imma just ignore yours too), you dodged racist (and eurocentric) claims you made about double eyelids only belonging to Europeans and simply went back to making more what aboutisms + demonizing korea :rolleyes:

To accuse me of "being a self hating SEA" for having a positive view of Korea. Well if i am self hating then why i'm i speaking out against the eurocentric representation in Thailand that erases SEA? You don't make any sense. Its a classic case of "fake concern". You don't actually care about Southeast asians "being discriminated against" or issues relating to them at all. Because you already support people like Bright erasing them ffs.

There is definitely an anti-asian agenda behind all the trolling you are doing because You say almost NOTHING about improving the Thai industry and what they can do about making their industry less eurocentric and promoting better representation of Dark skin/trans/femme men etc. Its all about hating Korea while endorsing Eurocentrism in another less developed asian country at the same time.

Its so clear to me that you are not asian at all and want to gaslight me into hating other asians so badly, and i shouldn't even bother. Bye.

PS: Korea does not directly impact Southeast Asia. ITS IRRELEVANT. Thats why i could care less about the nonsense you keep posting. Its nothing but emotional clickbait. The real enemy has always been China and Western powers.

• Omg please read those articles. Literally proving that Korea’s obsession for double eyelids is Eurocentric. I never even claimed that only Europeans have double eyelids. You fool.

Also I am part Asian and lived in an Asian country for several years before moving to the US.

You’re an ignorant deluded fool who worship Koreans while discrediting other Asian countries. Typical kboo.

• Its so clear to me that you are not asian at all and want to gaslight me into hating other asians so badly, and i shouldn't even bother. Bye.

You’re using the term gaslight wrong.

I’m the one who is wasting my time providing proof of Korea’s racist tendencies to someone who is obviously too stupid and deluded to accept FACTS.

• Just look at the F4 drama. Half of the cast are Eurasians (Bright, Maria, Cindy) that were used to portray rich people and they made the lead asian actress tan her skin darker to look "poor".

So 3 out of like...40 (number of listed roles on MyDramaList) now counts as "half the cast"

...yeah someone failed their math class...

• So 3 out of like...40 (number of listed roles on MyDramaList) now counts as "half the cast"

...yeah someone failed their math class...

half the PROMINENT cast. stop misrepresenting my point by adding in irrelevant extras.

when was the last time they put 3 Blasians in prominent roles in a single drama?

its just sad what they are doing. one biracial mix is CLEARLY preferred over the other. They are at the top of the hierarchy while the other is at the bottom. and people like me get gaslighted by people saying "it isn't a problem".

• half the PROMINENT cast. stop misrepresenting my point by adding in irrelevant extras.

when was the last time they put 3 Blasians in prominent roles in a single drama?

its just sad what they are doing. one biracial mix is CLEARLY preferred over the other. They are at the top of the hierarchy while the other is at the bottom. and people like me get gaslighted by people saying "it isn't a problem".

Um not even? Bright is Eurasian (dunno, we've never seen his dad but OK, let's say he's white), it'd make sense that the characters playing his sister & mum are Eurasian. That's it. The rest are all Asian. His sister has appeared in like two episodes and his mum is the villain. The female lead is Asian, as is every other character (i.e. the rest of the F4) w) who are much more prominent than those 2 characters. So you definitely have a problem with maths.

And maybe the reason they don't have Blasians is because there's not actually that many Blasians in Thailand, whereas there's actually quite a lot of Eurasians? Thought about that?

Anyways, this is a thread about peoples' favorite Thai dramas/actors. Would be great if you stop trying to shoehorn every Thai-related topic with your obsession on Thai peoples' race. It's seriously creepy. It's like you have the word 'Thai' on notification and if you see it, you can't help bring up ethnicity and skin color.

Maybe you should go start/discuss threads about Cambodian/Vietnamese media instead of spending your time hating on Thai entertainment. It's weird that for a country's media industry that you professedly hate so much, you follow it so closely (even more than I, an actual Thai person).

• Um not even? Bright is Eurasian (dunno, we've never seen his dad but OK, let's say he's white), it'd make sense that the characters playing his sister & mum are Eurasian. That's it. The rest are all Asian. His sister has appeared in like two episodes and his mum is the villain. The female lead is Asian, as is every other character (i.e. the rest of the F4) w) who are much more prominent than those 2 characters. So you definitely have a problem with maths.

Two episodes? A blasian is lucky to even get one line. There is also Luke Ishikawa (hes bad at speaking thai and his acting is not good, gee i wonder why he was hired??? :S ) and Pansa Vosbein

My point still stands. Eurasians are supported more. They'd never put 5-6 blasians in one single drama and deep down in your heart you know it.

and they also hired two other white people to do the OST. yet why wasn't Tsunari hired to do one song? Why wasn't Samina hired? Why wasn't a southeast asian hired???

Don't speak on equality and then proceed to act like other people are not getting the short end of the stick. Do you ever care to think what Thai people who aren't Eurasian or chinese feel?

And maybe the reason they don't have Blasians is because there's not actually that many Blasians in Thailand, whereas there's actually quite a lot of Eurasians? Thought about that?

this is the classic line upper-to-middle class chinese people in Southeast asian countries like to use in order to gaslight SEA people who question the mainstream imagery in entertainment being pushed atm.

Here are the real facts.

Eurasians and Blasians are BOTH minorities. Eurasians on average probably make up less than 1% of the total population. There are more Cambodian ethnics in Thailand than there are Eurasians yet thai cambodians are erased while Eurasians are over represented in relation to the actual population of the country while Blasians (also being a minority) are not over represented in the same way.

Maybe you should go start/discuss threads about Cambodian/Vietnamese media instead of spending your time hating on Thai entertainment.

I love thai entertainment even though i can't understand it :-)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!