Do you watch thai movies or dramas? Favourite thai actors or actresses?

• I don't watch thai drama that much since I don't know how to find good ones, for me Girl From Nowhere was quite good and I have liked Kitty Chicha she rocked that role even though her laughing sometimes were bit awkward for me.

and my fave thai actor right now is James Teeradon, I am impressed by his acting, going to watch Hormones and Homestay, and I have heard he has upcoming project with director Ron Howard on film based on true story, so I am excited for him

And my eyes also on Bright and Win, I have seen them on 2gether series now waiting for f4:thailand

• aside from the bls, I remember watching crazy little thing called love with my high school classmates back in 2013. Mario Maurer was so popular in my country back then.

Boredom brought me here.

• i can't stand Thai dramas and their TOXIC racist tropes/casting/storylines

5XGaZxQ.jpg

this is from the Channel 3 drama "mae krua kon mai" where the chinese lead Namfah Thunyaphat (left), does brownface (right) and basically does a minstrel show. If you happen to have a mydramalist account. please give it a LOW RATING. Channel 3 is considered the WORST of them all btw (in terms of racism).

there is also company called GMMTV where they cast a non-passable transgender Gag comedian to solely represent the "dark skin girl" in their dramas (Basically used to make fun of them and saying women with dark skin are masculine, "sassy", and unattractive)

if i were you i wouldn't bother watching them. Many are filled with chinese ads/product placement that are badly shoved in and the dramas highly encourage self hate and Anti-SEA rhetoric. I say watch Korean Dramas instead!

• I watch mostly Thai BLs but rn I am branching out to other kind of Thai dramas and movies as well ^^

If you like James you should definitely watch Great Men Academy and Bad Genius movie. He is just wonderful there. Also Project S : Skate our souls (I haven't watched it yet but I have heard nothing but amazing things about it).

As for my favorite actors, I love Nanon and Ohm so much. I am a Bad Buddy simp ^^

(if you love BLs, do yourself a favor and watch Bad Buddy. NOW)

And I also loooove Tay Tawan, Gun Atthaphan(I didn't like Theory of Love but he has some great acting chops especially in The Gifted oof), Mix (he was stunning as a newbie in 1000 stars), and Ice Paris (I may or may not have a crush oops :pepelove1: )

Ofcourse there is also Billkin and PP Krit from I Told Sunset About You. Also Oab (he is so hot and talented omg).

As for favorite actress, I like Baifern and Mild Lapassalan (hope I am not butchering the spellings). They are super pretty and talented.

I haven't watched Girl from Nowhere yet because I have heard it has g0re in it and I CANNOT STAND G0RE.

2gether was cute tho! Cannot wait for the movie :)

"𝙞 𝙖𝙢 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙜   𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙗𝙮𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙝   𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣"

final-61b8506fed445400c3eb937a-497781.gif

• I mean I would say I agree, but every Asian entertainment industry is guilty of whitewashing and pushing stereotypes. Korea included….

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

4ca3c94a140c38326868f624c2d5d1b062af8138.gifv

• I mean I would say I agree, but every Asian entertainment industry is guilty of whitewashing and pushing stereotypes. Korea included….

Korea's top actors are not "all Eurasian" too. So Thailand is objectively worst.

Just look at the F4 drama. Half of the cast are Eurasians (Bright, Maria, Cindy) that were used to portray rich people and they made the lead asian actress tan her skin darker to look "poor".

we're living in an age where dark skin rich people exist. where educated dark skin people exist. and the majority of thailand's population is definitely NOT Eurasian. Its both wildly out of touch with reality and inaccurate.

I would never sit through a thai drama and watch them punk Trans people, Dark people, and Femme/short men etc for "laughs". Instead, I'm gonna stand by them and call the industry out.

• Uhhhh whether the top actors are mixed or not it doesn’t change the fact that the Korean industry also whitewashes many of their entertainers. Many of them are not even that pale as they are portrayed in shows and magazines. Also the fact many kpop idols appropriate black culture by “acting black”. From their mannerisms, how they dress, how they talk. CL and Jessi would be prime examples of that. They blackfish yet Koreans turn a blind eye because they simply don’t care or are completely ignorant.

Your selective criticism of Thailand is weird considering you seem to be excusing the racist tendencies of the Korean entertainment industry.

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

• Uhhhh whether the top actors are mixed or not it doesn’t change the fact that the Korean industry also whitewashes many of their entertainers.

they pick actors that ethnically reflect their population while Thailand erases their own. Huge difference. Don't downplay Eurocentrism just cause you worship Eurasian actors.

the blackface and minstrel shows in thailand are much worse.

• they pick actors that ethnically reflect their population while Thailand erases their own. Huge difference. Don't downplay Eurocentrism just cause you worship Eurasian actors.

the blackface and minstrel shows in thailand are much worse.

How do I worship Eurasian actors?

You’re the one who seem to worship Koreans by dismissing their apparent racist tendencies. They’ve also been guilty of performing in blackface. Whether Southeast Asian countries are worse or not is besides the point. The point is they’re already pretty racist.

You’re literally using racism as to divert people from watching Thai shows and recommending Korean dramas when Korean entertainment is just as problematic and as guilty of whatever you’re accusing Thai entertainment of.

But then again, this is AllKpop where users think Koreans do no wrong. You’re showing your own obsession and delusional thinking of how you perceive Korean entertainment is when it’s far from reality.

Also since you keeping bringing up “Eurasian”, please do also realize many of these Korean actors you seem to be obsessed with have gotten plastic surgery such as double eyelid surgery to appear more Eurocentric. You probably have never traveled to Korea or been around Koreans to know how regular Koreans look. Too bad for you they do not look like your oppas and noonas you seem to romanticize.

• I've watched a couple BL shows that I liked but a few others made me really uncomfy. Anyone have recs for wholesome ones?

I’ve watched a few BL ones but mainly because some of the guys are hot, like the dude in my sig. Literally one of the most gorgeous guys working right now. But most of the storylines are corny af and try hard. Also many BL actors are actually homophobic irl lmfao which is weird…. like you want to play a gay character and target the gay audience, but you’re actually homophobic. Okay…. Then again BL roles seem to be pay the most and have the biggest fandoms.

I find BL dramas problematic also since they romanticize the gay community and make it seem like it’s that easy to find partners in the gay community. When in reality gays have the hardest time finding partners due to discrimination and the fact many countries actually outright make being gay illegal.

As for wholesome ones, I have no clue. I find Thai movies much more bearable.

• I’ve watched a few BL ones but mainly because some of the guys are hot, like the dude in my sig. Literally one of the most gorgeous guys working right now. But most of the storylines are corny af and try hard. Also many BL actors are actually homophobic irl lmfao which is weird…. like you want to play a gay character and target the gay audience, but you’re actually homophobic. Okay…. Then again BL roles seem to be pay the most and have the biggest fandoms.

I find BL dramas problematic also since they romanticize the gay community and make it seem like it’s that easy to find partners in the gay community. When in reality gays have the hardest time finding partners due to discrimination and the fact many countries actually outright make being gay illegal.

As for wholesome ones, I have no clue. I find Thai movies much more bearable.

I only watched UWMA (where multiple cast members are openly gay so I sure hope they didn't have to deal with homophobes :( the Wabi Sabi team seems nice though ) and 2gether which I hope none of them are homophobic either because that'd just make me sad

• How do I worship Eurasian actors?

Your avi and sig says hi.

Also since you keeping bringing up “Eurasian”, please do also realize many of these Korean actors you seem to be obsessed with have gotten plastic surgery such as double eyelid surgery to appear more Eurocentric.

Imagine claiming white people are the only people with double eyelids. Thats not only racist but also false.

Black people can have double eyelids. Native Americans can have double eyelids. Indians can have double eyelids. Even my yellow southeast asian self has double eyelids too. Even some Chinese and Japanese people have natural double eyelids. Its not a eurocentric feature at all. To assert that "it is a european feature" is white narcissism at best.

The fact that you find nothing wrong with thailand essentially "2nd classing" asian representation in their own country is not a good look. Just saying.

• I only watched UWMA (where multiple cast members are openly gay so I sure hope they didn't have to deal with homophobes :( the Wabi Sabi team seems nice though ) and 2gether which I hope none of them are homophobic either because that'd just make me sad

Some openly gay BL actors have been discriminated against and bullied by some straight castmates. It’s weird…. if you don’t like gays then why are you featuring in a BL series? I get it pays alot but still….

Also from what I know BrightWin are super humble despite their success. Bright especially seem very intelligent and is level headed despite his good looks. Plus he’s a brand ambassador for Louis Vuitton, Gucci, and Prada so I doubt he’d risk his sponsorships if he was homophobic.

• lmfao sorry what? I literally only follow one Thai actor.

Also most Koreans do not have natural double eye lids. Same for Japanese and Chinese. Considering Koreans think lowly of Southeast Asians I doubt they’re trying to look like them. They’re literally whitewashing their own people by forcing the beauty standard of being super white, double eyelids, and skinny calves of many European women. Oh did you forget Koreans also get that?

You’re the one here dismissing Korean racism by amplifying the racism of other countries.

You’re obviously a self hating southeast asian person who think very highly of Koreans.

Keep making excuses, I’ve already proved in a different post that Korean entertain is racist yet you ignore that fact. You’re a delusional self hating kboo.

• Go educate yourself on Korea’s racist problem. You ignorant self hating weirdo.

[Us and Them] The whiter the better: Korea’s racist hierarchy

While you’re at it. Go educate yourself on Korea’s homophobic tendencies.

In the camp world of K-pop, it's hard for stars to be gay
    On a brightly lit stage, two male K-pop stars with glowing skin and perfectly coiffed hair are nibbling either end of the same long, chocolate stick.
    amp.cnn.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!