Concerts are resuming in the West - do you think KPop singers will attempt world tours again?

• I doubt international kpop concerts will start again until idols get vaccinated and currently SK does not have a vaccination plan (they're waiting to see which vaccines are most effective). Kpop Concerts aren't coming back until 2022.

• I am holding tightly to my MOTS floor tickets

Hope you can use it this year. Yes, Koreans are really vulnerable to peer pressure, so even if foreign singers do have concerts, the Koreans might refrain because of govt influences.

• I doubt international kpop concerts will start again until idols get vaccinated and currently SK does not have a vaccination plan (they're waiting to see which vaccines are most effective). Kpop Concerts aren't coming back until 2022.

Idols and their staff will be getting priorities when they leave Korea. You know how the world works. They are like diplomats.

• Not a good idea even if outdoors and with decreased capacity. I'd rather this entire pandemic be completely over before such events take place again. I'm willing to wait just so everyone stays safe. It's better to just use this time to work on ourselves so we can enjoy all these great things once the pandemic is over.

Companies have to make money, though. Domesticists like IU and the trottists are doing fine, but acts who have to make lots of money from outside Korea are hurting

• Yes but Korea and neighbouring countries dealt with the pandemic a lot more efficiently than the US or Europe. Everything is currently closed, including the borders for now, and there is no telling when concerts and cultural gatherings will be allowed again.

It's very brave of Celine Dion and Harry Styles to plan a tour this year, but with how uncertain the situation is, it might not even happen.

I think they do have to continue to have concerts to cover their loans since they would rather not sell their possessions for a loss.

In Korea, it is the companies bearing the losses (except IU, but she is domestic and is not subject to the lack of overseas concerts), and the companies do have to answer to the govt and the stockholders, making a fast action harder.

• I think they do have to continue to have concerts to cover their loans since they would rather not sell their possessions for a loss.

In Korea, it is the companies bearing the losses (except IU, but she is domestic and is not subject to the lack of overseas concerts), and the companies do have to answer to the govt and the stockholders, making a fast action harder.

Well, hoping is free, so if that's what you think I can't stop you. But you will not be able to convince me, sorry.

That seems unrealistic in my opinion. The cultural sector will be the last one out of lockdown. And yes, companies and share-holder are going to lose money, but it's the same things for the movie industry, or the travel industry.

That's just how it is. I know we all WANT life to go back to normal, but it's taking some time. Let's be patient.

• Depend on how fast the vaccine roll out is here. I don’t expect normal people to begin to get the vaccine until April or May. So the earliest I can see it get to a point where major gathering can be relatively or sensibly safe is September.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!