Concerts are resuming in the West - do you think KPop singers will attempt world tours again?

• Do you think the KPop singers will resume world tours again in this year? 28

1. Yes, they will restart world tours this year (8) 29%
    2. No, there will be a new outbreak so the world tours will be cancelled (16) 57%
    3. Whyknock only cares about this so Whyknock's alleged bias can own Korea again and do a concert at the Chamshil Olympic stadium (4) 14%

Whyknock is a student of history and when whyknock was browsing a bunch of articles whyknock encountered this

https://www.billboard.com/arti…heduled-coronavirus-list/

Celine Dion and Michael Buble are doing world tours, although some are still dithering. Harry Styles also plans to do a North American tour.

That means the singers know the world will kind of reopen

But there is no news from Big Hit to resume a world tour, and ditto to most other Kpop companies.

I am sure the biggest amount of money comes from tours so they would rather do that, but if they launch the tours, they can't return to K-o-r-e-a easily.

That means, as the trot craze subsides a bit, Whyknock's alleged bias could attempt to retake KPop again. The evidence is that she is now not announcing when her supposed new album would be released - she might be waiting till Big Hit and others announce their world tours so she could take over the empty Korea , telling Director Koreeda, who is said to direct a film with her, to get lost for a while.

(I am not sure whether Director Koreeda knows IU is a singer since IU's Japanese stint was not remarkable. She was probably recommended through Bae Doona, who had worked with Koreeda before, but if IU can re-climb the throne she had lost to BTS, Koreeda takes a back seat.)

As BTS and others travel outside Korea to fulfill their overdue concert obligations, Whyknock's alleged bias , plus the trottists, re-flood the Korean Pop scene.

• nah, even enhyphen's offline fanmeeting was cancelled due to covid and the capacity is less than 1000 people. if someone does it, im sure they would be criticized, specially if its bts lol. i think tours will resume in 2022

• Mmmmmh, probably not.

They might resume local concert, and with their neighbouring countries maybe, but I can't see them going for a world tour in the US or in Europe that soon, unfortunately. Things are too uncertain now, and a world tour isn't something you can plan in a couple of weeks.

• its stupid, why have concerts in the middle of a pandemic, like what is the thought process? You want people to see you perform a mediocre song that bad? Just go on live and do it there! Watch the cases go up more.

A lot of the acts in the billboard link I put in the main post are older, so their fans are older as well. And they are still planning to have the concerts.

• Asians are less stupid when it comes to this and actually care about covid so I doubt it, they will keep doing online concerts through 2021

Or, more totalitarian. The peer pressure is enormous enough to discourage independent action.

• Not straight away but if COVID ever buggers off they will resume shows. I’m sure the groups are missing them.

The money they are missing out is simply ENORMOUS. They will try to start overseas tours, which will be less criticized by Koreans as that occurs outside of Korea and do not affect them directly, as soon as possible

• Mmmmmh, probably not.

They might resume local concert, and with their neighbouring countries maybe, but I can't see them going for a world tour in the US or in Europe that soon, unfortunately. Things are too uncertain now, and a world tour isn't something you can plan in a couple of weeks.

Actually it might be easier for them to do a foreign concert since a local concert will attract too many domestic attention like what the trottists had in september 2020

• Actually it might be easier for them to do a foreign concert since a local concert will attract too many domestic attention like what the trottists had in september 2020

Yes but Korea and neighbouring countries dealt with the pandemic a lot more efficiently than the US or Europe. Everything is currently closed, including the borders for now, and there is no telling when concerts and cultural gatherings will be allowed again.

It's very brave of Celine Dion and Harry Styles to plan a tour this year, but with how uncertain the situation is, it might not even happen.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!