the fact that BTS is probably working more than ever this year instead of resting a bit more while releasing way less music makes me annoyed

• i'm starting to resent all the extra stuff they have been doing lately, since they released a lot less music this year than they usually do i was hoping they would at least be getting more rest but noo, they are probably working more than ever to film 10910382 things for fandom-fanservicey things, i hate it here. :angryr:

• Right? Like, let the fans do their thing (collecting actual PCs, write aus and fics...y/n, ships whatever to their likings) ,you do your job (promoting the boys OSTs, covers and let them work on music +focus on not forgetting a member out).

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Right? Like, let the fans do their thing (collecting actual PCs, write aus and fics...y/n, ships whatever to their likings) ,you do your job (promoting the boys OSTs, covers and let them work on music +focus on not forgetting a member out).

I agree. It’s like you are in the business of making music - not nft and toons.

Meanwhile B.I released an album in June and soon is ready for a cb on 11/11.

It’s dooable!

• the biggest missed opportunity this year is a mixtape.

wish they had the time to drop one. </3;(

i never care about what bh do or whatever merchandise they dropped but this year kinda grated on my nerves. im in busines too so i get it. do whatever you want to do to make money but at least dropped an album. i didn't follow for the merch. anything else (shows, whatever) is secondary to the music. drop the music and you can do whatever the hell you want.

• call me a fool but i'm still hoping either tae or jk will drop one before the year ends ;(

same but at the same time it's going to be year end award season so they gonna be busy busy. im not one to demand a mixtape because it's their pet project so they can drop it whenever, but we all know they wont drop one if they busy doing official promotion or dropping near an album.

my only condolences this year was thinking bts had a more relax year. so im all for them taking their time to recharge, do some shows, perform here and there, and make music but not on a pressure-cooker timeframe like before.

but now that i think about it, they probably didn't have a relax year at all.. and for what? that kinda piss me off.

• "we believe in music" yet just content on top of unnecessary content, feeding into the fans y/n fantasy whilst also making decisions that go against everything BTS stand & speak up for. :pepe-back-away:

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

• the biggest missed opportunity this year is a mixtape.

wish they had the time to drop one. </3;(

i never care about what bh do or whatever merchandise they dropped but this year kinda grated on my nerves. im in busines too so i get it. do whatever you want to do to make money but at least dropped an album. i didn't follow for the merch. anything else (shows, whatever) is secondary to the music. drop the music and you can do whatever the hell you want.

It would be so easy to make more online streaming concerts to make money than a toon.

Or Suga/Agust D could do a mixtape

• Same. Nothing in that briefings interested me since it's everything but music.

I don't get why they decided to make another original story and not continue with BU storyline. And these games they keep on making, I'm a bit of a gamer myself too but Hybe's track records of games aren't so good so I'm very doubtful about this too :facepalm:

• sis i'm not even confident enough to say they are going to release the next album on the first quarter of next year... :pepecry:

don't say that :pepe-cut: i'm hoping the next comeback will be in january. i worked hard to get this many akorns, i want to buy limited badges :pepe-cut:

• don't say that :pepe-cut: i'm hoping the next comeback will be in january. i worked hard to get this many akorns, i want to buy limited badges :pepe-cut:

When will they record?

From now until end jan is award shows and concerts.

I think it’s a april/may thing. Unless they enlist. Which I hope they don’t.

• In 2019 they only had one Korean cb but they couldn’t even rest big hit said they will have vacation and then they came back one month later 😭 their ass are always in the studio

omgg and i thought they released few songs in 2019... it's still more than double of what they released this year. :pepe-sad:

• yet this year BTS activities were 15% music and 85% merch, ADs, anything non-music related. :peperain:

They think just because we read fics and ship and love our photocards they can take advantage of that? No. Let the fans do their thing and YOU do your thing. It’s like they have never stood behind camera hearing BTS talk about their love for music and writing music at all. :peperain:

• this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I think that less releases this year may have been more of BTS's idea than BH's? If you think about it, BH would love to release albums because they are a company and want money from fans. So releasing more albums is obviously something they would push for, especially this year. But every interview I have seen of BTS as of late has them expressing their regret of not being able to show off their earlier albums during concerts. They keep talking about MOTS7 & BE performances that they wanted to show army but their concerts kept getting cancelled or postponed. Maybe they didn't want to start a new era/album series until they feel like they have shown us what they wanted to for so long. The LA performances (plus a possible extended US tour) will finally give them that opportunity. That is why I think we are now looking at a early 2022 release for the next album. We all know BTS work on their next album series at least a year or two in advance so I don't doubt that they have material to release, its just the timing of their cancelled concerts that I believe is the reason they haven't.

• It’s like Bang says: fans can but this and that. Right.

Yes but remember why we are fans and not just a pocket full of money.

BTS agency teams up with Korean crypto exchange to venture into NFT market
    Hybe, the K-pop powerhouse behind BTS, said Thursday that it has teamed up with South Korea’s top cryptocurrency exchange operator to establish a joint venture…
    m.koreaherald.com

Ps hybe staff if you read this, tell Bang we want an album💜

• As an Army from wings era I agree. I love the boys and in no why am I saying that they are mistreated or anything but they has definitely been a lack of creative push from BHs side from the past 2 years.

They haven't even incorporated their lore in any of their official stuff in a while. They are like "You miss Bts Universe ? here are 1000 official merch items affiliated with BU" :clown:

I am looking forward to their next album, I hope it's something new and creative. BTS please come thru ;(;(

• I do get your point, and I'm with you, but do they really get scheduled for merch and the alike?

Isn't it just the company producing and plastering the official images and logos?

I wish they released an album too, it is way better than all those single stuff and shows

But maybe because they wanted the album to be followed by a ww tour they pushed it even further?

I saw that speculation on twitter and it kind of makes sense

♢ BTS ♢ RED VELVET ♢ STAYC ♢ ITZY ♢ I'VE ♢ 

bf8564d98af24361d0590896c941048f9c781516.gifv 113c3e0e8e47532a0f6e02950f2765764a166a8c.gifv ea538e39aff2514e678056be42c87abdbaefb377.gifv

• this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I think that less releases this year may have been more of BTS's idea than BH's? If you think about it, BH would love to release albums because they are a company and want money from fans. So releasing more albums is obviously something they would push for, especially this year. But every interview I have seen of BTS as of late has them expressing their regret of not being able to show off their earlier albums during concerts. They keep talking about MOTS7 & BE performances that they wanted to show army but their concerts kept getting cancelled or postponed. Maybe they didn't want to start a new era/album series until they feel like they have shown us what they wanted to for so long. The LA performances (plus a possible extended US tour) will finally give them that opportunity. That is why I think we are now looking at a early 2022 release for the next album. We all know BTS work on their next album series at least a year or two in advance so I don't doubt that they have material to release, its just the timing of their cancelled concerts that I believe is the reason they haven't.

I don't have problem with complaints about other things. I myself have some complaints about BigHit / HYBE but I don't understand the complaints related to music. BTS' music is very much in BTS' control. It is very much clear from the MOTS7 era that they had so many plans for that era which eventually got fucked. They just don't want to relive that time again. Hence they are being conservative for their next release schedule.

BTS like to make music. They like to promote. They like to perform for the fans. If they cannot promote or perform their songs, they won't get full enjoyment by releasing that music. They are not like other kpop groups. They are not gonna release music and call it a day. They want to feel and see the happiness of ARMYs.

All in all I'm kind of happy they didn't release any album this year. I'm enjoying and appreciating their older work even alot more nowadays. 'Ano Bashode' came on my playlist yesterday and I hadn't listened to it for probably a year and I now appreciate it even more. So yeah I'm just gonna let things pan out. Not that eager.

• There's nothing new for me to say since I agree with all the points mentioned.

I do understand both sides - not wanting to release music (since it's pointless without any proper promo) but still having to support a business.

But from a fan's point of view I do feel a bit cheated. No one's forcing me to buy things etc but I feel like if they weren't fully booked for cfs, filming products etc they'd have more time to release their creative juices and maybe release mixtapes (because those aren't properly promoted anyway). They're too busy daily filming another ad for FILA, a short video for brand new keychains based on Butter, or taking pictures for the next DVD.

Hoping for 2022 to be completely different...

• This thread contains 149 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!