an intersection between kpop fans and idols: what is "bullying"?

• Dude, get a hold of yourself. Idols killing themselves is up to them and their mental health.

You riding on top of that is just a need of attention.

Here, I am giving you attention.

Now fuck off and be normal.

Yikes, you remind me of those toxic people that will tell others with mental illnesses like depression to just get over it and be happy so they can fit in with the 'norms' of society.

• I don't know what personal experience in akp you are talking about and if if it's bullying or fighting (considering the shade comes from both sides) but I will answer in general about KPOP fans to idols who don't fight back (akp honestly is one of the tamest places and mostly banter or trolls).

Yes, they're. One look at Twitter, Blogs, Websites that share any news (pann,naver etc..) and you will see it. I am tired of this. Kpop is entertainment for me and I use this entertainment as a stress relief so I don't try to take the artists too serious or idolize them but I keep seeing literal bullies everywhere attacking everyone that is not their fav to the point I can't just ignore it because it feels like being a bystander. It's sickening to look for your favs news or simply your Twitter and see thousands of comments making new hate narratives and trying to create scandals for them every single day.

Thanks for sharing. I agree with you that it feels it has gotten far too commonplace. I think a lot of that is that the internet has allowed these people to have a platform while remaining anonymous and "safe". Their victims are not so lucky :sadface:

The most unfortunate part is that this is our truth. The whole is full of vile cowards. People like this have existed in every era and the lack of empathy is chilling when you think about what that says about humanity. The saddest part? I don't think there is a goddamn thing we can do about it except pray for their souls and hold ourselves to higher standards than that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!