Did you use to think KPOP fans were weird/strange?

• lol of course they are weird.

do you ever see Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Adele and etc. fans fight for no.1 pop star singer on planet Earth because one get more view on Youtube, who's more popular, who got more endorsement deal, who can dance better, who's the prettiest?

• Previously no, but now yes. Aside from my family and a few close friends, I would never openly say that I like Kpop. It's not a conversation I'd like to have. My colleagues know I like Blackpink but I don't think they know that it's Kpop

• As for listening to K-Pop in general, nah. I don't see language et al. as a barrier in music, so I don't find listening to K-Pop weird.

As a fan, sorta/kinda? In a way that I know other people can be weird about it. My boss the other day was like, "Wait. You're Black. You grew up in South [insert neighborhood]...and you listen to Asian music? How did you not get beat up?" (I was cute, that's why xD) So I know how other people think about it. Like, I was hesitant about sharing Bubble Pop and Fantastic Baby to my younger cousins a few years back because even I acknowledged it was cringe/weird and would be perceived that way by the "uninitiated" (lol, dramatic, but I have no other way to put it). But then again, I'd be hesitant to show them MVs from songs I grew up on like Back That Ass Up by Juvenile because it's awkward watching that around other people (for me, lol).

• I like kpop since I was a kid and kpop was not popular in my country. But since it became popular I am ashamed to say that I like it because some fans are so cringe

Some fans at my school “act” like they're Korean, just listen to kpop, just watch Korean shows and wear kpop clothes, it's so cringe

:pepe-life-support:

yeah THOSE are Koreaboos lmao but you can just be in a KPOP fandom and like K-Drama, want to learn the language, etc. and not be a Koreaboo <3

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!