at this point there are two extreme situations in kpop now

• Blackpink not having comebacks at all and Twice having all the comebacks :pepefacepalm:

what are these companies thinking? BP without music whole year and Twice having new music every two month :pepeshut:

don't get me wrong I have nothing against Twice comebacks, I always listen to their releases, but it's a bit too much now and about BP it's also bit too much not having a single comeback in a year :pepenomad:

• Honestly it's weird for both groups.

Black Pink should have a full album every year + solo releases given their success.

Twice should reduce on group albums and start serious solo promotions for the interested members. Especially the vocal line.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I know it seems like a lot, but ppl better appreciate Twice while they can. Twice isn't always gonna be releasing music like this. Next year I honestly think they're gonna focus on touring solo things. We should all enjoy this period before it's over.

• JYP trying to milk what he can of Twice just in case they don't re-sign :teeheek: But seriously, let them rest.

As for BP, I live in an alternate universe where they have an upcoming comeback called Lalala

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Blackpink is fine. If anything this will prolong their longevity. Blackpink is not strictly kpop anymore. They still are, but YG know what they are doing. They are a brand now. They may move like most western artists where it is not unusual for them to release music once in awhile. Also, most of their songs are produced in house, so it takes time.

For twice, it's going to the opposite direction. Their longevity may hindered because of all these non stop releases. I followed twice and itzy on Twitter. Seriously, JYP tweets alot. To the point I was wonder if they were spaming. This in a sense, diminish their engagement on twitter and social media. All in all, it might diminish their longevity.

• The problem doesn’t lie in how many comebacks they have. Nayeon herself said they are basically jobless so I know their schedules aren’t as hectic as they were. But, JYPE needs to plan them properly. This single could have easily been released in January to kickstart their world tour from Japan rather than releasing it between Korean comeback promotions (and possibly cutting down on them) and year end award shows.

• JYP trying to milk what he can of Twice just in case they don't re-sign :teeheek: But seriously, let them rest.

As for BP, I live in an alternate universe where they have an upcoming comeback called Lalala

i don't mind the name, just release lalala or whatever it can be ^^

• This isn't a new development, this has been the case for years. 2017/2018 was busier for Twice than this year.

Sidenote (and not aimed at you specifically OP) - but as a more general point I feel in the last year I've seen BP fans in general accept a lot more things when it comes to Twice. I assume it comes down to the lack of competition between the two now which I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

I don't know how many times over the years I've had back and forths with fans claiming Twice were being managed perfectly, only reason they were ahead in x, y and z whilst BP are getting sabotaged etc. Fans were quick to talk up upsides yet ignore the downsides. Yet the paths they've both led have been pretty consistent (in terms of each companies respective strategy for the groups) from the start to this point we're at now, nothing really changed on that front.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!