From an SM stan, I think that really only SM groups have paved the way...

• Are you trying to say SM paved the way for others groups to fly?

Did the old school SM groups pave the way for their next gen groups to fly?

Are their current gen groups flying or will they continue paving the way while current flying groups are flying

Or their will be no more flying as you said and that they are just going to keep paving?

• Wait i kind of love this outlook??? but i do also think that having precedents and predecessors certainly help, like guiding stars or goals to reach almost. But ofc fans will take their faves the farthest. Anyways thank you for your wonderful insight!

new artist looking up to a senior artist as role models and hoping to be just as successful is the guiding star or goal for them new artists

fans of those new artists paves the way for the new artists so that they can achieve that goal/dream.

it's the fans that paves the way

• Are you trying to say SM paved the way for others groups to fly?

Did the old school SM groups pave the way for their next gen groups to fly?

Are their current gen groups flying or will they continue paving the way while current flying groups are flying

Or their will be no more flying as you said and that they are just going to keep paving?

Haha, i think what i was thinking or trying to convey through my rambling was that sm groups paved the way for other groups to continue on the same path/follow/maybe branch out on other paths. But def still on the ground. And bts at one point was also doing said paving on the ground but then started flying in the air so no more paving on the ground.

And i think besides bts there will be no more flying. At least very very unlikely. Probably impossible. Or maybe they can but by that time bts will already be flying in space or something.

But I'm open to other interpretations! And as you mightve noticed, I'm very interested in what others think. :)

• What I do know is ARMY paved the way for other fandoms. Our plans and strategies for charting, our team work has inspired others to follow and support their faves. Even our hard work of pushing for album sales in the west, paved the way for other kpop acts to be shipped in the west hence making many million sellers now.

ARMY had to fight the system and break glass ceilings for others to walk easily. Just ask if other acts and fandoms have to face racist and vile comments and treatments from the west (to the level that BTS and ARMY had to face). They didn’t because ARMY and BTS are at the front, all of them shielded behind us. Hence, we paved the way 8)

So bow down to your saviour kpoppies

Yes I can ramble too.

• The only person who paved any way in SM, is LSM himself.

The idol trainee system, is what makes an Kpop distinctive industry. In that, he pave the K-pop industry itself.

Rest are all natural developments -new artistic concepts, new markets etc. were matter of time, Even Seo Taiji, though credited as pioneer, adapting Western tech or genres, was not new to Korea, so would have happened anyway.

So LSM is definitely the path maker.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!