Training to be an idol is as hard as studying in university

• Idk why some people (knetz especially) think that being a kpop idol is such an easy journey and not as hard as studying in university and every successful celebrity is just "lucky". Dancing and singing is never easy in my opinion. Imagine have to memorize all the choreo, have to train your vocal everyday, need to have a really strict diet, not having any freedom like others and also constantly living in a world that is not guarantee (if you still a trainee). And once you debut, its not the end as you still have to work harder to established your name and to compete with others in such a very saturated industry. And suddenly once you reach the top people will say "What an easy life they have". :pepefacepalm: Also its not like idol didn't study at all some of them even graduated from college and university. I also will never understand the narrative that being a celebrity is easier for you to be successful in life. As if there's only around 5% to 10% that really made it out of ALL group that debuted throughout the years.

I will never be able to keep up with all the task that trainee need to do and personally i find that studying is much more easier than have to memorize choreo and working almost 24/7 without any rest.

• completely agree.

the idol training is extremely rigorous and tough. and on top of that, success isn’t guaranteed ones you debut. you’ll always be in the public eye and have haters who shit on you like it’s their only job... gosh i can’t even imagine how horrible this site of fame is

• IDK, different things are hard to different people. My grandpa reads tax law for fun; for most other people, taxes probably suck ass to do. Memorizing choreography could be very hard to you and very easy to someone else.

Why can't we just say idols work hard too, without it being some sort of competition about whose life is worse?

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• In some ways, idol training and university studies are similar: you need to learn in a new way, follow certain rules, and spend hours studying different topics or things.

When I was studying at university, I had to work hard on myself, it was especially difficult to study some subjects, especially history(I have a bad memory), so I often turned to a writing service (as other my mates do when we were overhelmed with different home assignments). Such services are still good help for students.

But there's a major difference. In idol training, if your debut isn't a hit, all that effort can feel wasted. In uni, you can still snag your degree and land a job, even if you didn't exactly top your class.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!