iChart to incorporate YT Music Korea, Spotify Korea, and Apple Music Korea into their system

• itiswhatitisss

Changed the title of the thread from “iChart to incorporate YT Music, Spotify Korea, and Apple Music Korea into their system” to “iChart to incorporate YT Music Korea, Spotify Korea, and Apple Music Korea into their system”.
  • Bugs out too pls...

It's a pretty good thing imo, granted it isn't easy for international fans to change their Spotify location to South Korea with some kind of VPN function

its not even that, nobody uses it..

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

LOCO @ 10 was 6.6k streams in a day.

#1 is literally like 25K streams,

id bet spotify paid off ichart to include them to get more users lol

Heres the full list, Savage is #1 with 25k steams.

Spotify Charts
    Spotify is all the music you’ll ever need.
    spotifycharts.com

• why would they include nugu charts?

I mean spotify numbers in Korea is like what? sometimes even songs with 8000 plays per day rank 1st... that's stupid...

pabo iChart can add this to some kind of point system but it shouldn't interfer with all-kills...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't know how they are going to add a weekly chart to it. Kworb has a pseudo-daily YT chart that I have no idea where they take from, but the data seems to be consistent with the weekly chart.

• Bugs out too pls...

It's a pretty good thing imo, granted it isn't easy for international fans to change their Spotify location to South Korea with some kind of VPN function

Celebrity still appeared in the Korean charts even when Kakao M songs weren't available in Spotify Korea. So it was people either VPNing in or VPNing out.

• Interesting. I wonder how it all will affect songs' performance, probably those CAK/PAK things will be even harder to get, at least for non-idol artists since youtube is also considered. They need to get rid if bugs tho, there are like 3 and a half users there but it always go on repair mode, like, who can even crash it?...

• Bugs out too pls...

Why bugs out, it has a bigger market share than apple and spotify combined in korea.

For spotify/youtube all that is needed is a korean ip (vpn) and it will count for them. Apple im note sure about.

• Proven Conspiracy :-

You see how every change this year was done after EXO's comeback.... The industry is scared of EXO. The Melon Top 100 in July, Now this.....

Damn! Exo is that scary.

External Content youtu.be

• The main problem with YT, Spotify and Apple Music is going to be how easy they are going to be manipulated by international fans.

Spotify Premium's and Apple Music's libraries are tied to your billing country. I've tried to use a VPN to access the libraries of other countries but they didn't let me. I don't know about YouTube Music Premium.

The problem is going to be Spotify Free and standard YouTube because they're tied to your IP, not your billing country since you don't even have billing.

It also isn't clear whether the charts are tied to your IP or to your billing country.

Spotify was launched in South Korea on February 1st without the Kakao M library. Yet, IU was charting until February 16 when Celebrity was at #8. On February 17, she was purged from the charts. And It wasn't until February 28 that Kakao M songs were removed from Spotify worldwide.

The only explanation is users accessing the library of other countries in South Korea to be able to circumvent the Kakao M restriction. So the charts must've been tied to the IP address. Something was fixed on February 17, but since other songs didn't experience a drop in streams these accounts were either streaming only IU or they kept counting for the charts.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!