A common misconception people have about this idol that I find heartbreaking

• Dawn (former Pentagon's E'Dawn)

Netizens are in awe over how much E'Dawn has changed since pre-debut era |  allkpop

This is something he spoke about before, but one of his biggest insecurities in life are his eyes.

He opened up about it in a song as well.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

He has an eye condition that makes his eyes seem unfocused. A lot of people have misunderstood him in life because of it and said he looked mean/on something and so on. He was bullied in school because of it and hid a lot. Because of the way he looks and his shy and awkward personality, he had trouble making friends and felt lonely a lot.

There were times when even his fans made fun of his eyes and said he looks like he has two lazy eyes. 'Fans' left messages for him saying he should 'learn how to open up his eyes more' and other disgusting things like that, despite him having an actual eye condition that hinders him in life.

He said that's why he likes this makeup look a lot - he feels it makes him look warmer to people.

170 Best e'dawn ideas | e'dawn pentagon, dawn, triple h

História Beautiful Life Imagine Hyojong (E'Dawn) - Capítulo 11 - História  escrita por jade176 - Spirit Fanfics e Histórias

When he read that people think he looks like an addict because of that makeup look, that made him sad a lot. I remember him talking about it and it was really heartbreaking to hear. He felt so defeated, like he believed that he could never win.

He also likes wearing flowers in his shoes because he thought that they'd make people see he likes flowers and is not dangerous, but people kept writing that he is a weirdo because of it.

NEW! E'Dawn's second installment of photoshoot/shoes photos!!!! | Pentagon  텐타스틱 Amino

Alexis ✧.˚⋆ WS' Domino Girl❤🖤 on Twitter: "FLOWER IN HIS CONVERSE IM NOT  CRYING @CUBE_PTG #WE_TH #PENTAGON… "

He grew flowers and plants because he liked them a lot and people even made fun of him for that, saying it was 'unmanly'.

E'Dawn FanArt♡ | Pentagon 텐타스틱 Amino

E'Dawn with his plants and flowers - Celebrity Photos & Videos - OneHallyu

His plants used to make him so happy and he took care of them well.

DaBYNjdVQAAh2iO.jpg

It just makes me feel so sad that he's so misunderstood and people use him as a joke a lot and write mean things about him for no reason. He's a kind person and so what if he's a little out there, aren't we all in some way?

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hopefully now that he's solo those comments will have calmed down some. I've seen some of the ones saying he looks like a druggie which is just an unbelievably cruel thing to say

I've seen those comments a lot and I know he has too and I can just imagine how horrible it was for him to see them after he just started being confident about his looks and thinking he's not 'scary looking' (he never was) anymore.

mKl7Ghm.png

• That's sad. It's always a NO to criticize someone's appearance, but unfortunately it's common... People project their hateful feelings on others... I hope he is becoming better!

I saw too a lot of comments saying how he is a druggie etc, it's saddening bc i didn't know about his condition...

• That's sad. It's always a NO to criticize someone's appearance, but unfortunately it's common... People project their hateful feelings on others... I hope he is becoming better!

I saw too a lot of comments saying how he is a druggie etc, it's saddening bc i didn't know about his condition...

A lot of people don't know about his eye condition because it's not something he talks about often, but he mentioned it twice and both time he came off as really sad and lonely and it's just :pepe-sad:

haters would just find the dumbest argument

Edawn never looked as a weirdo to me especially with the makeup he had in Shine

he looked like such a cutie, he's the one who introduce me to Pentagon

and even if i don't follow him anymore, i'll never thank him enough for this

because i would still sleep on Pentagon right now if he didn't exist

He attracted me to Pentagon and I sort of followed after him while I still casually listen to Pentagon, I really support and love him :pepelove1:

mKl7Ghm.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!