I don’t feel passionate about promo looking at everything in retrospect

• Sure I’ve said many times if exo was promoted this way and that way they would have been more successful and all that but now I’m like why was I so involved. I was never too passionate but I was swept away by the general kpop attitude.

Like I’ve never once looked at Taylor Swift and been like wow her promo is less or more than Katy perry or wished she would promote in such and such a way. Or that some artist didn’t promote a certain way so their company hates them.

Of course this could be in part because kpop is extremely company driven and projects itself that way. For western artists even if they’re equally as manufactured by the company no one goes out of the way to make the company the face of the group so that plays into it.

But anyway groups will release music when they want, groups will promote less or more. I’ve achieved zen where I literally could not care less.

Inb4 KJI2 is not promoted and user Tic_tac_toe takes great offense :pepe-hehe:

Anyway bottom line I enjoyed Bambi, Rose, DFTF and I’m not mad about the no promo. Sure prolly would have helped them chart better but like…. So what.

• Album quality>>>> everything else.

And Exo never disappointed in that aspect. In that sense I wont be bothered of course.

Personally as a fan what I expect are good teasers, album medley, album details in time.

And stage performances, maybe dance practice videos and a few variety show appearances... We didnt have those for Bambi, Rose or DFTF so it's a pity. I would be happy if we had even one stage

:pepe-sad: :pepe-sad: :pepe-sad:

BUT don't we all want our faves to have enough exposure so their potential won't be wasted and they will be successful

Tbh I didnt know what fans meant with promotions exactly. Until EXO-SC. When Chanyeol said he called radios himself to promote his song.. well yeah this is probably not the job of the artist... They are grown men but isn't it normal to feel frustrated when even your faves are not happy with it themselves. If it is their choice and they are content with it of course there is no need to blame company.

• Ofc album quality and music is most important but I love seeing variety of contents we can get with more promos

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Tbh idc about charting I just wish DFTF, Rose and Bambi had live performances/behind the recordings for my own enjoyment like the other SM releases :pepe-sad:

• Like why should I want my favs to be successful? It’s not a sport. Sure they should be nugu and fade away. But as long as they have success enough to keep releasing music it should be fine

Why do we have vested interest in our favs succeeding. Like I literally do not care if Taylor swift tops billboard or whatever tf. I just enjoy her music

• Like why should I want my favs to be successful? It’s not a sport. Sure they should be nugu and fade away. But as long as they have success enough to keep releasing music it should be fine

Why do we have vested interest in our favs succeeding. Like I literally do not care if Taylor swift tops billboard or whatever tf. I just enjoy her music

I care. Why wouldnt I.

:pepewhat:

You feel happy when sth you love is appreciated. At least I do. It is what they deserve and like you said I want them to release music for a long time

I dont like any other group or artist particularly so I dont know but if Exo was a movie or a webtoon I would still care

• I feel like caring about entertainers and their success is not as obvious it should.

I’m just openly musing. I obviously care about EXO but the question is why. Like why. Their purpose is to entertain and as far as we are entertained that should be enough. That’s why we consume a vast majority of entertainment.

• For me promotion is content for fans.

I don't care for success, I just want to see them live enhancing the song through performances, otherwise why not just release it on spotify without teaser?

Tbh for 99% of msuic I consume that’s how it is. I haven’t even seen the video.

And I have literally never seen the teasers for any act unless it goes viral or something.

• Are you trying to talk about emotional attachment?

Yes I feel attached if this is what you mean but I dont think it is bad or in an unhealthy. It's not like I am bulk buying or streaming nonstop to ensure they are no 1 on charts

:pepe-hehe:

I listen to music a lot and half of my playlist is Exo. I like watching their performances, content. I enjoy the time I spent on Exo.

And they are too talented. Let me feel attached.

:pepe-cut:

• I feel like caring about entertainers and their success is not as obvious it should.

I’m just openly musing. I obviously care about EXO but the question is why. Like why. Their purpose is to entertain and as far as we are entertained that should be enough. That’s why we consume a vast majority of entertainment.

tic you're confusing me :eyes:

how are we to stay entertained with no promotion/content?

sure the music is good enough and i'm content with the album quality exo comes out with. but what about the performance aspect about kpop? It's what made kpop much more enjoyable and unique.

every fan wants their artist to be successful because we want exo to make music for a long time.

We spend a lot of time on Exo and we know them well. They are not just voices we listen to from time to time. So we feel more attached. And being a part of fandom also has a role. When there is a comeback we wait together, celebrate together.. It is like we are a part of it

Happiness Starts Now — Exo Reaction when they see you (Girlfriend) in a...

• The performance is fine but it’s more about the emotional attachment. Why do you care if they sell one million like why does that matter. I don’t even know what Linkin park sold bro eye-

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!