CCP banned Peppa Pig, My Little Pony, Barbie Dreamhouse Adventures, Detective Conan and 17 more in April

• This IS kinda old news, this was in April, but it was so shocking to me that I've decided to actually post it, so I'll be summarising the article I read.

Parents said that shows like Peppa Pig were inappropriate for kids.

Why? Daddy Pig opens the door of a plane and falls out of it. (yeah, you're probably scoffing to yourself rn)

They don't like My Little Pony.

Why? A pony dips itself into lava.

Barbie Dreamhouse Adventures?

Why? A character was hanging from a helicopter and one from a basketball hoop, one fell from a ceiling, and one stood on someone else.

A report found 123 gloomy, thrilling and suspenseful moments in the cartoons, and many of them had exaggerated reactions of characters who were frightened.

Boonie Bears (Chinese animation) received the highest number of complaints from parents because the main character usually holds an electric saw, apparently making kids hurt each other.

Apparently, a 10 year old girl in Shaanxi province killed her 5 year old sister with an electric saw in 2016. She was claimed to have said that she copied what the character did.

(Was/were the parent(s) there where it happened? How did a 10 YEAR OLD think it was ok to do this? was the saw just left in an open area? what the f***? What was happening in the house? Any mental issues she has? Was this even true?)

70 PERCENT of parents say their child(ren) have copied actions in cartoons.

The report identified 687 issues with language, 176 issues with story plots, and 416 were against the mainland country's mainstream values.

One-fifth of parents (interviewed face-to-face) say their kids have imitated actions such as fighting from cartoons.

In 2018, an eight year old in Chengdu, Sichuan, fell from the outer wall of the sixth floor and died after imitating rock-climbing of the protagonist in Boonie Bears.

80 percent of parents say it's necessary to tighten censorship of cartoons.

• I wonder if they’re going to replace these with similar local made shows with slightly propaganda in them lol about the boonie thing this is weird I didn’t think cartoons for 10 years old allowed any sort of graphic violence

• I've never copied any cartoons when I was younger- it's not like most kids will try to jump out of a plane because Daddy Pig did. I think it's parents not teaching their kids about safety or the kids will just learn from their own instincts, like how can a mentally okay 10 year old grab a saw and KILL HER OWN SISTER.

• Lol Ccp is going to be all for the promotion of Chinese television companies airing the copied and pasted Chinese versions of those shows with approved propaganda like how they made a bootleg of Amazing World of Gumball and the countless others I’m not aware of.

• Lol Ccp is going to be all for the promotion of Chinese television companies airing the copied and pasted Chinese versions of those shows with approved propaganda like how they made a bootleg of Amazing World of Gumball and the countless others I’m not aware of.

they have no shame. C-entertainment is trash. not only is there no creative freedom but the shows are going to now be simply be 3rd rate versions of existing shows (they are already doing this to foreign brands too)

one thing they can't copy is RESPECT

in the US its already getting bad with some people actually being brainwashed into only wanting "government approved" news but the good thing is people are starting to see through the BS

• These are the cartoons making money in China:

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There is almost no overlap with Western animation.

The way the communist are going after anything with foreign influence from idols to cartoons to Marvel movies then anyone "copying" anything Western or Korean is pretty much signing a career death sentence.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!