Coldplay x BTS - My Universe First Listen....

• Let's see what Coldtan has in store for us.....

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Things I liked :-

1. I loved the blazing synths in intro. Also, the funky vibe throughout the song (I.e THAT rhythm guitar). I liked it a lot. Especially the guitar or (piano like synth) during Taehyung's part, it's so subtle but definitely elevates the song in some way.

2. Chris has such commanding vocal presence in the chorus. I have nothing but praise for Jungkook in this song. Wow, I am in awe. I love this bit from 0:39 to 0:46 the "Ahhh" adlibs at the end of Jungkook's lines.

Attention to detail :- Check.

3. Members did good job with what they had, in particular, the rap line, I enjoyed it.

Things I didn't like :-

1 If they didn't reveal the chorus during the intro, it would have even bigger impact imo and it would have paid off in a much bigger way.

2. I feel like even though it had good instrumental, It had some moments where I feel like idk how to explain it.... A little more energy maybe.

3. Chris' verse was boring to me. It was empty

4. Last 42 seconds were completely unnecessary. Should have ended song at 3:05, It would have been perfect length.

Final rating :- 7/10

Conclusion :- An above average song.

I feel like this collab did it's thing, it was different. The most exciting thing about this song was definitely BTS. they brought their own flavor and vibe.

I didn't hear Jin and except for like one part just before the rap portion. Jimin too? I heard him at around 1:20 harmonizing. That was it?

What are your thoughts? Any standout moments? Things you liked or didn't like?

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• daniel-cruz

Changed the title of the thread from “Coldplay x BTS - My Universe first listen....” to “Coldplay x BTS - My Universe First Listen....”.
  • Need to listen more, it’s 7 in the morning and I just finished my 12 hour shift but for first listen I love it.

I like Coldplay and this collab was like…better then the other artists they did. Im not sure if it’s because of the music style or their voices just goes well together but I really like it.

JK-s voice is amazing. When he sang together with Chris. Wow. Loved Suga rap part, it came in the perfect moment and fit so well.

Taehyung’s part another one what I liked. He sounded…comfortable, smooth to me.

I’m a happy puppy. I got a new BTS song I can listen until my ears bleed.

:cryingr:

• Glad you liked it. It really radiates positive energy. I am interested in watching a stadium live performance, becasue it is certainly a stadium song. I saw an edit on TL, it was rose bowl stadium. It was good and gave me goosebumps tbh

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• Glad you liked it. It really radiates positive energy. I am interested in watching a stadium live performance, becasue it is certainly a stadium song. I saw an edit on TL, it was rose bowl stadium. It was good and gave me goosebumps tbh

:pepe-sad:

Same! When they said armyyyy…

It must have been so good to be there!

Chris singing korean:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com

• How could anyone not like it. It's two of the most legendary bands together and their voices blend perfectly. I absolutely love this song and is already in my playlist.

• That's cool.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• ah okay... So that's what Loco is....

I'll check it out, I have never done a GG song review (maybe I have, I don't remember).... Maybe today's the day to change that.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• Max Martin said lol.

Moved the thread from forum K-POP to forum Reviews.

Moved the thread from forum Reviews to forum K-POP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!