6 vocalists will be eliminated in GP999 + My Main Vocal ranking!

• The recent performances has made me change some things:

Remember that Jiyoon, Reina, Bora, Yeyoung, Wang Yale, Hyerim and An Jeongmin are at risk of being eliminated but I think Yeyoung will be saved so 6.

Average

Kim Chaehyun: has the strongest classical technique in the show, but with several consistency problems. She's performed well in her relaxed behind the scenes videos, however in performances like My Sea, her notes were squeezed and she seemed to struggle with her placement with high notes. She has a tendency to go soft with her support and has some minor struggles with pitch. She's a mid/low average but she needs to be confident.

Wang Yale: Her operatic head voice is more developed than the rest, and she's more consistent within her range-- there's less of a gap between skills in her registers. She's had some problems with breathiness, pronounciation and she struggles with the usual improper placement in her head voice.

Weak-to-Average

Xu Ziyin: There's a gap for the vocalists after these 3. Ziyin is an example of a stable vocalist however she can mess up badly in her midrange, best showed in her performance od Sunmi's Siren and like I said, she is going to have a HARD time developing a kpop technique, she's lacking the proper support and consistency with typical songs however she is the MOST confident of all 3 top singers. She does have a habit of going off pitch but it's rarer. Straining common.

---

An Jeongmin: A star in the making, she performed with better consistent support than Chaehyun in Black Mamba but does have issues with retaining that, and she has a habit of losing confidence and pitch when she's nervous. She has the strongest approach to support from the top k trainees. A lot of her issues are because she is younger.

Kim Bora: Again someone who is very good at hitting high notes and straining. She has consistent/shallow support up to A4. I think her and An Jeongmin are on a similar level for now. She's the epitome of a weak-to-average vocalist (not in a bad way) and she too does have pitch issues. She does have a musicality sense she uses often and she can have glottal tension in her worst moments. Quite confident.

---

Fu Yaning: LMAO

Choi Yeyoung: Not much training but very stable, and she can hit high notes. I think she can go up in my ranking.

Weak:

Jiyoon, Reina, Shana -- all untrained vocalists. Hyerim is also a weak vocalist but stronger than the above, has a habit of cutting off her notes. Xinquiao seems to have no training, Mashiro is stable but again, has less technique per say, reminds me of a slightly weaker Yeji.

• Interesting, thank you. I was actually worried about Jiyoon's voice during the practice for "My Sea". She was basically screaming that high note - no way that was healthy. I think she can be a good vocalist with a bit of training though.

Also, is it me, or Mashiro did not sing in MITM? She had some small "sing-y" parts and mostly talk rap. The singing parts were like 70% Yaning, the rest - Jiwon. Btw, the whole segment from 2:14 to around 2:24 is weird, there is so much obvious autotune, lol - Jiwon at 2:14-2:16, Yaning robot voice at 2:16-2:17, Mashiro at 2:22-2:23. I am not sure whether it was autotune for Yaning because I don't think she was going off-tune there? It was like some kind of distortion, lol. I really hate this kind of obvious autotuning - just leave it as it is. I remember when Ayaka in Nizi Project was basically "Mr. Robot" during the whole performance, because she was constantly off-pitch, lol - like, pls, it is obvious either way, why even try.

If we go purely by vocal performances, probably "In My House" was my favorite - Yale did a good job on the arrangement and harmonies.

• Interesting, thank you. I was actually worried about Jiyoon's voice during the practice for "My Sea". She was basically screaming that high note - no way that was healthy. I think she can be a good vocalist with a bit of training though.

Also, is it me, or Mashiro did not sing in MITM? She had some small "sing-y" parts and mostly talk rap. The singing parts were like 70% Yaning, the rest - Jiwon. Btw, the whole segment from 2:14 to around 2:24 is weird, there is so much obvious autotune, lol - Jiwon at 2:14-2:16, Yaning robot voice at 2:16-2:17, Mashiro at 2:22-2:23. I am not sure whether it was autotune for Yaning because I don't think she was going off-tune there? It was like some kind of distortion, lol. I really hate this kind of obvious autotuning - just leave it as it is. I remember when Ayaka in Nizi Project was basically "Mr. Robot" during the whole performance, because she was constantly off-pitch, lol - like, pls, it is obvious either way, why even try.

If we go purely by vocal performances, probably "In My House" was my favorite - Yale did a good job on the arrangement and harmonies.

Yeah I agree with everything you said, they used some stylistic autotune to make it sound impactful.

• Oh, I also forgot to ask - where would you put the trainees you mentioned among the 4th gen vocalists? I am curious to gauge a relative level.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!