Which Record/Achievement will be Harder to Break?

• The thing is, the gp in korea not really interested in kpop especially boy groups. If you noticed, since 2018 Bts is the only who able to do so. To achieve PAK, you need strong gp support which already fading for kpop. Even gg is hard to achieve that. Probably if the song is viral, it might happen.

Based on how the album sales going these days, and more gg from big companies will debut, I don't think it is impossible. However, it would never easy of course.

In my conclusion, both seems hard to achieve but the possibility is always there.

• PAKs for the moment

GG sales are increasing great so possibility is rising and rising.

For boygroups atp i would say it's impossible esp i was expecting TXT's Lovesong or Loser & Lover was at least gonna become mini hit in korea but it didn't, and most boygroups don't seem to making gp frienfly songs at all, only Loud groups have small chance since the show had high rating? or The Boyz if they are given the right song

• I'd say boygroups getting PAKs bc album sales in general have gone up in recent years. Everyone is selling more. In fact I won't be surprised if we see Aespa hitting 1M sometime in the near future. They seem to be racing to the top fast.

• I think 1M sales.

Gp doesn't care for boy group songs most of the time but every now and then a boy group song will randomly blow up like nflying's rooftop. Something like that can happen at any time while a girl group can't just suddenly reach 1M, they have to build up a super strong fan base and that takes time and there only a small handful of girl groups who even have a slight chance to do it. Like after bp no one is even close and twice seem to have reached their limit so if they can't do it I don't know who can.

• Yeah girl groups also went two or three folds during the pandemic with online fansigns. I think Itzy went from 150k to 350k, Same for RV I guess.

I just think there is bigger possibility of a girl group selling 1m than a boy group getting a PAK. Coz even though Melon is now easier to top, Flo still isn't.

Is Melon really easier to top now? Always thought it's still hard to top the Daily Chart, only Top100 Chart is easier to top now compared to 24Hits. Either way song still needs to top Daily chart to get a PAK.

• Its definitly harder, i also dont think the new top 100 melon chart did much to make it any easier compared to the 24h chart..

And excluding IU, the numbers are:

2016 : 18 songs got a PAK (IU didnt relase any)

2017 : 11 songs (5 IU songs)

2018 : 12 songs (1 IU song)

2019 : 4 songs (2 IU songs)

2020 : 6 songs (2 IU songs)

2021 : 4 songs so far (2 IU songs)

(25% of all paks given out since 2017 has IU's name on them )

In short, getting a PAK today is much much harder than it was 2016, on the other hand a song that manages to reach PAK tends to stay there much much longer as well.

• Is Melon really easier to top now? Always thought it's still hard to top the Daily Chart, only Top100 Chart is easier to top now compared to 24Hits. Either way song still needs to top Daily chart to get a PAK.

Its easier getting into the top 100 for sure thereby getting into top 100 daily, but not much have changed really when it comes to the top 10 for either chart.

• PAKs are hard for boygroups.

Even bgs with big fandom, mass downloading or streaming cannot give them PAKs. GP must love your song to help charting to achieve PAKs.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!