My grades came in...

• My mom saw it first and there was a 78. Technically it was a discrepancy because I turned the assignment in that may be causing it and emailed my teacher like a long time ago and I guess she never replied or fixed it. So I looked at it and my 89 became 90 and I have an 82 and then all the others are very high A's. My GPA is 3.5. My parents are expecting all A's but B's are okay. So technically I have 5 A's and almost 2 B's. I haven't shown my dad yet but he's in a really good mood, I'd be guilty to ruin his mood but I can't throw it away because my mom saw it and is keeping it.

So wish me luck! I'm probably gonna get grounded but I will probably be able to be active on my school Chromebook. The only other thing I'm worried about is my brother's gonna use it as a reason for arguement calling me dumb and stuff because he's younger than me and came home with Straight A's. My parents might compare me negatively to him 😅

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• wait which class are you in that you only have like 7 subjects?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• wait which class are you in that you only have like 7 subjects?

LOL it's how my school works. We have a period called "Advisory" which is basically like study hall and you can visit your classes for extra help, retakes, etc. and they also give you news and non-graded assignments that are essential for your future though. If we don't have any work then it basically just became a period to do whatever LMAO. It's not for a grade though and it's not an official class but an official period if that makes since.

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• I dont get it...

Isnt it good actually? A is the biggest grade, right? B is good too, it shouldnt be problem to get it?

Here grades in school are in numbers (1-5). 5 is the best and everyone is happy when they get 5 and 4, even 3 sometimes.

I wish my grades were like that were I live. It would be a lot easier. We have percentages. My brother's school does that though and he's in 5th grade. I did that too when I was in elementary until 6th grade we got number grades. (In some countries they call it years I believe, so I'm in my 9th year)

But in 6th grade+ we get letter grades and percentages:

A = 90 - 100

B = 80 - 89

C = 70 - 79

D = 60 - 69

F = anything below a 60, the worst possible grade

I guess an A would be a 5, a B would be a 4, a C would be a 3 an so on

So I have 1 C, 1 Bs and 5 As

• LOL it's how my school works. We have a period called "Advisory" which is basically like study hall and you can visit your classes for extra help, retakes, etc. and they also give you news and non-graded assignments that are essential for your future though. If we don't have any work then it basically just became a period to do whatever LMAO. It's not for a grade though and it's not an official class but an official period if that makes since.

That's interesting in Poland you have like 14 subjects in elementary/primary school, and then when you go to high school you have even more of them. So you mostly sit in school everyday from like 7 am to 3 pm or from 8 am to 4 pm, of course sometimes schedules vary but when one day you are in school from 10 am to 3 pm then it means in the other you will probably need to stay even longer than usual.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That's interesting in Poland you have like 14 subjects in elementary/primary school, and then when you go to high school you have even more of them. So you mostly sit in school everyday from like 7 am to 3 pm or from 8 am to 4 pm, of course sometimes schedules vary but when one day you are in school from 10 am to 3 pm then it means in the other you will probably need to stay even longer than usual.

Interesting! Well I live in the USA and I don't know if it's the same for everywhere here but we have zero hour and regular start time in high school

Zero Hour: 7:15 - 2:19

Regular Time: 8:55 - 3:55

I have both and it's kind of confusing and disorienting. Also, I'm definitely not going to have zero-hour next year because I'm always late for my zero-hour class ;(

• you did well!!! Dont get demotivated with the comparisons, hear with one ear and leave them with another.

Good luck for coming exams!!!

• U are good tho dont stress over it <3

• Because the parents themselves don't even know how to do the assignments and tests :cryingr::cryingr::cryingr:

I am sorry y'all are welcome to message me if need be and I will try to help with homework if your parents won't :( Also if you make a post in the lounge I am sure others are willing to help with homeworker too :)

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• My mom saw it first and there was a 78. Technically it was a discrepancy because I turned the assignment in that may be causing it and emailed my teacher like a long time ago and I guess she never replied or fixed it. So I looked at it and my 89 became 90 and I have an 82 and then all the others are very high A's. My GPA is 3.5. My parents are expecting all A's but B's are okay. So technically I have 5 A's and almost 2 B's. I haven't shown my dad yet but he's in a really good mood, I'd be guilty to ruin his mood but I can't throw it away because my mom saw it and is keeping it.

So wish me luck! I'm probably gonna get grounded but I will probably be able to be active on my school Chromebook. The only other thing I'm worried about is my brother's gonna use it as a reason for arguement calling me dumb and stuff because he's younger than me and came home with Straight A's. My parents might compare me negatively to him 😅

Its good dont worry <3

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!