Marilyn Manson dropped by his record label following abuse allegations

• source

4,w=1280,c=0.bild.jpg

Marilyn Manson has been dropped by his record label in the wake of allegations of abuse made against him.

Loma Vista Recordings announced on Monday it had ended its relationship with the singer.

“In light of today’s disturbing allegations by Evan Rachel Wood and other women naming Marilyn Manson as their abuser, Loma Vista will cease to further promote his current album effective immediately,” the company wrote in a statement.

“Due to these concerning developments, we have also decided not to work with Marilyn Manson on any future projects.”

The statement came hours after Wood, who was in a relationship with Manson between 2007 and 2010, named him as her alleged abuser in an Instagram post.

Read more: More women come forward with abuse claims against Marilyn Manson

“The name of my abuser is Brian Warner, also known to the world as Marilyn Manson,” the actor wrote. “He started grooming me when I was a teenager and horrifically abused me for years.”

Following Wood’s statement, several other women came forward with allegations of their own.

Manson has yet to respond publicly to the claims made on Monday. The Independent has contacted his team for comment.

Loma Vista worked with Manson on his three most recent albums.

It distributed The Pale Emperor (2015) in the US and also worked with him on Heaven Upside Down (2017) and We Are Chaos (2020).

If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic abuse, you can call the 24-hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline, run by Refuge, on 0808 2000 247, or visit their website here.

MORE ABOUT

MARILYN MANSON

EVAN RACHEL WOOD

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• JiminieKookie

Changed the title of the thread from “CultureMusicNews Marilyn Manson dropped by his record label following abuse allegations” to “Marilyn Manson dropped by his record label following abuse allegations”.
  • I se comments that Rachel should've known but I would say that is putting more blame on the victim than where it belongs. :pepe-cute:

That guy doesn't get the right to b abusive just because he dresses a certain way is that what they are really saying

• This has been known for years tho, I still remember him directly saying he’d get drunk on absinthe and force dita to have sex w him or something like that. Good for Rachel for finally being able to say his name

• I se comments that Rachel should've known but I would say that is putting more blame on the victim than where it belongs. :pepe-cute:

That guy doesn't get the right to b abusive just because he dresses a certain way is that what they are really saying

I legit want to fight the people who say she should have known better from how he dresses etc. Like not all goth people are this gross. :angryr:

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• I legit want to fight the people who say she should have known better from how he dresses etc. Like not all goth people are this gross. :angryr:

It's the same with people when an idol or just a celebrity in general gets caught in some kind of scandal and some of the reaction is they knew all along that person is shady like some kind of psychic or FBI profiler. So what were they doing prior to the scandal? Bid their time?

• This was known for years. Of what Manson did to girls and women. Reminds me of what R.Kelly did to those girls and it was known for a long time but he was just recently persecuted.

• This was known for years. Of what Manson did to girls and women. Reminds me of what R.Kelly did to those girls and it was known for a long time but he was just recently persecuted.

I stopped listening to him shortly after turning 20 as I got a weird feeling from how he described his relationships all the time in his interviews even when they were trying to discuss his music. The fact that he openly admitted to saying Evan would have consequences if she ever left him is very eerie when you look at it as an adult. I never listened to R.Kelly though I always just knew him as the abuser of the woman I was named after, Aaliyah.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• Honestly, I know this is most likely the label not wanting to wait for the outcome so they don't stain their reputation and all of the motivation behind their actions is 100% capitalistic...

It's always about the bottomline and protecting the shareholders. The ethical obligation just happened to run congruent.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!