how big are Lisa and Bambam in Thailand ?

• Idk about Bambam, but Lisa is huge and Thailand treats her as a "thai artist" so she is well loved in the country and yes, she is known. Probably not on some top actors level, but suuuuper known and a star there!

And i love how Thai celebrities support Lisa and always mention her on their tv, awards ceremony, etc. I hope Lisa promotes in Thailand more!

• Fun story time sdasdlaklsad. So I have a local thai restaurant owned by a first generation immigrant family from Thailand and they used to have a framed picture of Bambam up with fancy art work because the owner's daughter was a big fan.

:cryingr:

I've also asked her if she knew who lisa was before because she loves to go around the tables and make conversation and she was like "OMG of course I know lisa" in her cute little accent sadkjfjksdklsadklfsad. I was like omggg a new bestie.

• Big but not necessarily mainstream. Like teens would know them but if you asked a middle-aged person off the street, there's a 50/50 chance they might've heard of them, a smaller chance they've heard of their group, and an even small chance they've heard any of their music.

Compared to mainstream Thai actors, they have a lot less public recognition. Think of it as most people of all ages in the States would know Angelina Jolie/Brad Pitt, despite Ariana Grande having a much more devoted fanbase but mainly relevant towards younger people. This is the same, where the big Thai celebrities have more household name/face recognition, but the Thai K-Pop idols/BL actors have less public recognition but perhaps more passionate (and international) fanbases.

Keep in mind though that Lisa is probably one of the most hated public figures amongst the youth in Thailand right now. Thai K-Pop stans are always making a big fuss about being polite & respectful towards idols but treats Lisa like a public toilet they can shit on without remorse. It's basically Thai Lillies vs. every other Thai K-Pop fandom. The 'supposed' reason is because of her silence on Thai politics, but they don't seem to have a problem with their oppas being silent on Korea's #Metoo movement or Black Live Matters issue. It reeks of hypocrisy, misogyny, sexism, double-standards, jealousy & crab mentality.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!