American pop is so dead

• I disagree.

We have American artists who have dabbled in hip-hop and rnb such as Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber, but acts like Taylor Swift and more recently Olivia Rodrigo have been keeping America's pop scene relevant in a time where the internet has globalized many things. Other names which come to mind are The Weekend, Dua Lipa (although she's british) and newcomers like Billie Eilish and The Kid Laroi.

Hip-hop is the most popular genre of music right now, but American pop is doing fine on it's own

• I disagree.

We have American artists who have dabbled in hip-hop and rnb such as Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber, but acts like Taylor Swift and more recently Olivia Rodrigo have been keeping America's pop scene relevant in a time where the internet has globalized many things. Other names which come to mind are The Weekend, Dua Lipa (although she's british) and newcomers like Billie Eilish and The Kid Laroi.

Hip-hop is the most popular genre of music right now, but American pop is doing fine on it's own

Justin only does HIP-HOP/R&B these days.

The kid Laroi isn't a pop artist he is a rapper :pepewhat:

the Weeknd is R&B :pepewhat:

Ariana, Swifti, Beillie, Dua Lipa, Olivia all boring, only people with daddy issues listen to them :pepe-hehe:

so yeah..

• I don't tend to listen to American music anyway as most of it is rap which I can't stand. All the good bands that came out of the US in the 80's that I listened to are too old to even be putting out music anymore but I still listen to it as it was the music I grew up with. I have always preferred British and Australian bands and singers.

• Laroi's a singer

The Weekend is doing more pop nowadays

I don't find any of these artists boring but you do you :pepe-toilet::pepe-toilet::pepe-toilet::pepe-toilet:

• so you need to hate your dad to have taste now? damn

Dads are better than taste pfft.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If you are talking about "visionary level" of A/V Pop music, you have a point. I mentioned before how the industry is far too toxic for most visionaries on his level to exist and thrive.

On the rhythmic end, besides Bruno Mars, I think Lizzo and Janelle Monáe are two artists connected to some kind of music legacy who have inspired music with some kind of chi. The thing about quality over quantity is that it takes a while, but when ready it's well done.

There's a lot of "Flatliner" rappers out there who aren't connected to any kind of legacy in Hip-Hop. There probably are some really good new ones around who are independent. I think Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, and Logic still have more left to say beyond the usual tired "Money, Hoes, & Clothes" type topics. Tierra Whack has a really interesting creative quality, but she isn't mainstream Pop either. Doja Cat still has some interesting songs too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!