[BTS CONTENT] My Unpopular Opinion(?): Ed Sheeran needs to leave BTS alone musically now

• children song.. :-D

PTD remind me of a watered down High school musical number. I mean if they going to go that vein, they should have make it more like Glee.

I agree. Ed Sheeran get shat on a lot by critics and pop fans for writing the most generic pop music, but he has some good numbers like the A team and Give me love. Frankly speaking, I think he gave bts his bottom barrel songs. Those two songs sound like he dump most of his songs in a machine, stripped of anything catchy and kept all the generic parts.

I know it's been compared to high school musical but i never watched it so I can't :) i did watch s1 of glee and then dropped that mess. however, i always checked their covers, they were done well. Sadly, ptd didn't remind me of them : /

A team and Give me love are perfection. Bloodstream is my fave song of his. Imagine if he wrote something darker to bts, sigh.

I love Make it right but i understand why others don't. Both ptd and mir are generic, first targets kids and highschoolers and second GP ^^

• I know it's been compared to high school musical but i never watched it so I can't :) i did watch s1 of glee and then dropped that mess. however, i always checked their covers, they were done well. Sadly, ptd didn't remind me of them : /

A team and Give me love are perfection. Bloodstream is my fave song of his. Imagine if he wrote something darker to bts, sigh.

I love Make it right but i understand why others don't. Both ptd and mir are generic, first targets kids and highschoolers and second GP ^^

I never watch glee either, only watch their cover and performances. And PTD is nothing like Glee, I just wish it was.

I don’t hate make it right, it’s passable and I won’t skip it when I play the album. But I’m more harsh on ptd because it’s a single. If it’s an album track maybe I’ll be more kind to it….. I’ll still shat on it though

• I mean, they’re not my favourites…

But the thing is, they obviously have masses of producers and composers and other musicians desperate to work with them at this point, as well as their own songs. At this point, it’s less about Ed Sheeran needing to stay away…

They’re not picking and choosing from scraps offered up to them - BTS and their team actively chose those numbers because *they* love them and saw something in them. So if they want to work with Ed or anyone else in the future, they will!

• I don't like it, but it's their choice anyway, I don' think ed is pressuring the group/company to accept his music, they probs have so much music to choose from and if they took this path than they should accept the reaction and try to make better choices in the future (if the reaction is not good)

• I didn't like Make it Right, I think it's an really boring song but I like PTD (not the recorded autotune mess but their performances) And I agree with you, I think these songs proved that he's not a producer fit for BTS.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!