Are people underestimating YG Entertainment's talents for hype promotion, brand boosting and PR?

• personally I think Somi would be a better fit in a group or as an entertainer...

she kills it in variety stuff and can continue to do cfs and modelling and stuff

and if she wants to release music every blue moon she can..

• Somi DOES NOT have the “it factor”. She’s basically like those child stars who are famous as kids but once they grow up they seem awkward and their popularity plummets. For Somi’s case her adult persona doesn’t fit with what the Korean mainstream is into.

• I actually agree with the OP. YGE's productivity and organizational capabilities might be fairly low, but their ability to generate hype is insane. They've got some great marketing people over there. I think, of the Big 3 companies, YG Ent has the best understanding of brand recognition. (Which only makes sense when you considered how much of their company is devoted to fashion, cosmetics, lifestyle and other brand-conscious industries). As companies, SM tends to be tech-focused, YG is brand-focused, JYP is values-focused. Not sure yet what kind of reputation HYBE will develop.

• Suzy's debut didn't flop, far from it actually. Pretend, an unpromoted pre-release went on achieve an All Kill, dethroning Ailee's OST and even achieved roofhits. The lead single of her second EP also peaked at #3 on Gaon Digital Chart.

• For sure, people expecting TBL to promote like a typical Kpop label dont make no sense. I mean, just look at the label ffs, it's full of grown ass adults, some with families. Many seem like primarily producers too. Vince, 24, even Zion, they dont get promoted like idols and i dont think they ever have.

• Suzy's debut didn't flop, far from it actually. Pretend, an unpromoted pre-release went on achieve an All Kill, dethroning Ailee's OST and even achieved roofhits. The lead single of her second EP also peaked at #3 on Gaon Digital Chart.

ok but still the fact that most of her other songs flopped proves my point. popularity, visuals, being in big 3 is not enough, she needs the right song or an OST for a popular show to do well. theres other examples too like tiffany, seohyun, yoona, hyolyn etc. even taeyeon flops half the time

• ok but still the fact that most of her other songs flopped proves my point. popularity, visuals, being in big 3 is not enough, she needs the right song or an OST for a popular show to do well. theres other examples too like tiffany, seohyun, yoona, hyolyn etc. even taeyeon flops half the time

Suzy hasn’t even released a single song since like 2018 minus the unprompted OST for SU but she still managed to enter Melon 24hits.

Most of her songs didn’t flop. Suzy’s OSTs when she was at her prime always did well, two of them having 1M+ DLs. Not to mention her collab with Baekhyun. Considering, her main focus was never music, I would say she has been fairly successful as a singer.

• This blackpink formula of 1 year hiatus works only when there's a loyal fandom who've got your back, somi needs frequent comebacks so she could gain some experience and confidence. She doesn't even look confident in live stages and her expressions also aren't impressive which is expected because she wasn't trained to be a solo act. She needs some more stage experience and for that she needs to make a comeback more often.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!