AKMU's physical vs digital sales are really shocking

• Tbh not surprised, this shows just how far the GP can take you, and luckily for AKMU, they seem to love most of their music. They are the picture perfect example of a group that has a very small fandom and heavily relies on GP. If you want to make it big, especially overseas, you need fandom support as well.

• It's strange, in Korea GP seemingly barely go to concerts. Almost no one without a fandom can play proper tours.

Interesting. So different in Europe.

I guess I now know why BTS cater so much for Army🥳.

Would it be possible to buy tickets to a concert without being in a fandom? I guess for presale tickets you’d have to join anyhow🤷‍♀️

• But why put out albums then? They could just sell a package of neat stuff that you can actually use? Do you loose out at the international charts/award shows?

Its probably one of these things where its just the norm and nobody cared enough to change it because it brings in money.

Plus the CD in it is the only thing that makes it still about music instead of just a bunch of collectibles. the CD itself is essentially just a physical representation and reminder of what your paying for.

Essentially it can be seen as a receipt. I like to keep my concert tickets even though I paid for the performance and not an actual piece of paper. Which reminds me too, online concerts sell you "physical tickets"....lol I think it's the same concept.

• Its probably one of these things where its just the norm and nobody cared enough to change it because it brings in money.

Plus the CD in it is the only thing that makes it still about music instead of just a bunch of collectibles. the CD itself is essentially just a physical representation and reminder of what your paying for.

Essentially it can be seen as a receipt. I like to keep my concert tickets even though I paid for the performance and not an actual piece of paper. Which reminds me too, online concerts sell you "physical tickets"....lol I think it's the same concept.

I guess I need a bigger house then if I wanted to buy CD’s😂.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!