First time listening to Dreamcatcher (first impression)

• i have never listened to Dreamcatcher before today.

my first impression of them is that they remind me of Gfriend a little bit, in the sense both groups have an oldschool high energy vibe to them. They are like a darker Gfriend. But the similarities really stop at the oldschool vibe, otherwise i think Dreamcatcher are pretty unique. Their music also sounds like something you'd hear in a shoujo anime opening.

So far i watched Chase me, Good Night, Fly High, Full Moon, You and I, What, Over The Sky and Odd Eye. They are interesting concept wise, they sound great, i especially love the harmonisations and they are eating their concept up. Unfortunately their singles sound very samey to me. I don't know if it is maybe because i listened to several songs back to back in a short span but after finishing i feel like i was listening to the same song all along. The only song that struck me as different from the rest was Odd Eye, and it also happened to be my favorite song out of the ones i checked.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I definitely don't regret watching their MVs, they are entertaining and refreshing.

• The songs you listed are their older ones and I do get it I guess if you say that they are similar sounding

Their newer releases though, are more different and really are some of my favourites. These 2 omg I love em

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And also, this duo is

:pepelove1::pepelove1::pepelove1:

• How'd you avoid Scream/BOCA/Deja Vu lol

Scream is there most popular song

i didn't intentionally avoid anything, i just went through their single discography in a chronological order (based on their wiki page) but i kinda got tired after Over the Sky so i pressed one final video, which was the first rec in my yt and it happened to be Odd Eye lol

• If u r interested do check out their full album.

Also i agree boca, deja vu, scream, piri r great songs.

They do have a specific sound and vibe that is very much dreamcatcher.

External Content open.spotify.com

Otherswise u can check their minis. I like all lol.

`.¸,°.. EUNBI ..°,¸.´

bd244e5463f542b0458f07ca2f1ac31e381fb86a.gifv b14ebbb2cafd17a83af16ce034df00d7028a5940.gifv

• I don't find their songs all similar but they have a strong signature sound.

They experiment a lot with their b-sides and propose more diversity in their albums :

External Content youtu.be

• now after watching this, i definitely think Scream and Déjà Vu are so much better than the other singles i checked before. they are memorable and offer some variety. So dramatic, but they make it seem natural which is why i said they are eating their concept up.

Silent Night: holy shit, this is so grandiose. That outro!!!!!

In The Frozen: not as impacting as Silent Night but still a solid track

• Yes, their sound is very Japanese rock/metal inspired, similar to what can be heard in anime OSTs.

For some variety, I invite you to listen to their b-sides.

Some of my favorite nontitle tracks:

• Can not believe you have not listen to Dreamcatcher before :pepe-cut:

My favorite Tittle track is Boca

and b side Emotion

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!