One of the most confusing mvs in KPOP *EXPLAINED

• Explaining one of the most confusing mvs...it's simply a coming of age story with one of the most imaginative, fantastical, yet somewhat dark way possible (lol) - Closer by Oh My Girl

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The old car with moss and working radio along with the clock shown the mv represents time and time passing. YooA is the MIDDLE in OMG's age order. She wakes up in this place and gets led by a mysterious girl in a red cloak (Binnie who is the second youngest) because Little Red Riding Hood represents youth and innocence but she's not Arin (the maknae) for a reason. And Binnie leads YooA into a hall of broken mirrors and the mirrors represent identity and neither of those mirrors represent who the girl (YooA) is.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

pasted-from-clipboard.png

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So Binnie finally leads YooA on a boat and YooA passes a young deer and deer represent innocence and youth and YooA is slowly moving away from the deer which is also meaning that she is moving away from her innocence and is finally growing up and finding herself.

MV] OH MY GIRL(오마이걸) _ CLOSER - Oh My Girl fan Art (38937073) - fanpop -  Page 29

Then she gets to a mountain that torches light up as she passes them showing that she has found the correct path, and she encounters a mirror that's not broken like the others showing her true identity. Then after YooA touches the mirror, she sees her past self (in this case, is Arin) who represents innocence and youth.

Animated gif about gif in fantasy by Agape on We Heart It

One of my favorite kpop song to date - Celebrity Photos & Videos - OneHallyu

She sees Arin, her younger self, reaching for a golden apple in a Garden of Eden type-setting and tries to stop her from eating it but it's too late. The crystal ball signifies that she has seen some of past or future event. She then comes across the aged car once again and sees her younger self covered in a veil, (assuming she is now "dead") representing the mistakes she made in her past and how her innocence and youth is now gone.

Oh My Girl's 'Closer' : a masterpiece 」 | K-Pop Amino

The Garden of Eden is her youth and innocence and her with her friends and stuff but all that fades away as you see at the end. And thus, YooA (the girl) has crossed from childhood to adulthood and the mv of Closer represents it in a dark way lol. But it's really all in the imagination and telling the coming of age in a dark fairytale type manner.

MV] OH MY GIRL(오마이걸) _ CLOSER on Make a GIF

External Content youtu.be

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• The biggest problem of this interpretation is that it does not align with with the lyric.

The lyric talking about getting close to someone/something so faraway. (It was originally meant to be a gospel about getting closer to the god.)

There also are some symbols left out. Binnie had something wrapped around her ankles. She might be confined or restrained.

Jine sat by red shoes. Red shoes definitely was a reference yet to another fairy tale, The Red Shoes. The red shoes might be the symbol of conceit or temptation.

• it does make sense but at the same time doesnt.. idk its weird..

I always thought it's about a fairy tale because if the apple and fainting? ish kind of scene

I remember someone pointing out that the choreo actually has formations of various constellations if looked from the top view, which is something I found fascinating but hard to relate to the mv

• it does make sense but at the same time doesnt.. idk its weird..

I always thought it's about a fairy tale because if the apple and fainting? ish kind of scene

I remember someone pointing out that the choreo actually has formations of various constellations if looked from the top view, which is something I found fascinating but hard to relate to the mv

Well, it trended in Korea for having choreography that modeled constellations and star signs but I don't actually know if it is connected to the mv

Honestly, it's almost if the mv has little to do with the song but someone theorized the "you" mentioned in the lyrics is really YooA's identity.

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Well, it trended in Korea for having choreography that modeled constellations and star signs but I don't actually know if it is connected to the mv

Honestly, it's almost if the mv has little to do with the song but someone theorized the "you" mentioned in the lyrics is really YooA's identity.

rainbowpop big brain :pepe-shades:

• Rainbow, take an IQ test right now :froghype: Smartest AKP user

Oh no...I can't take credit for this! This is actually something I got from this video, just wanted to explain it to you all...

But I did do this thread myself

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!