What is wrong with JYPE?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This company is full on trying to sabotage TWICE. TOL could've easily sold over 600k if not for JYPE's incompetence. All the past albums are out of stock. I'm starting to think they only stock 500k albums on purpose.

• I'm not surprised people would feel that way about it.

haven't seen a company name dropping a girl group to out perform a senior boy group in an interview kind of setting.

at least I haven't seen one.

It's good for the investors.

BG's outsell GGs, always have. JYPE not having a large selling BG was always going to be a downside to the company. SKZ outselling TWICE means the company will no longer be as reliant on TWICE as they once were, which is good for the future of the company and their investments.

HYBE/YG has the same issue, just on a larger scale, having 90% of your income be from 1 single group, that makes investors nervous, as 1 wrong thing and income can tank.

• Well, the albums are still out of stock so maybe I am reaching or they are sabotaging TWICE, that's why the investors expect SKZ to outperform TWICE?

Twice are selling albums like crazy right now. It takes time to produce, ship, and restock albums. We don't know anything about the supply chain for those, or if Covid is still slowing any of that process down.

We regularly see Twice's old albums get restocked (which some companies don't do), so we know it will happen. I do think JYPE slightly underestimated the amount that Twice would sell with Taste of Love, but that just means they have more selling power and growth. When the next album releases, the company will have a better estimate of how much further upward Twice can go.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• It's good for the investors.

BG's outsell GGs, always have. JYPE not having a large selling BG was always going to be a downside to the company. SKZ outselling TWICE means the company will no longer be as reliant on TWICE as they once were, which is good for the future of the company and their investments.

HYBE/YG has the same issue, just on a larger scale, having 90% of your income be from 1 single group, that makes investors nervous, as 1 wrong thing and income can tank.

yes that's all good

but I think the OP and the other user that replied to me are talking more about a possible misogyny going on over here.

for which I can't straight-out say that's not the case.

if you can deny that's not the case then make a post here for that to the OP.

• Twice are selling albums like crazy right now. It takes time to produce, ship, and restock albums. We don't know anything about the supply chain for those, or if Covid is still slowing any of that process down.

We regularly see Twice's old albums get restocked (which some companies don't do), so we know it will happen. I do think JYPE slightly underestimated the amount that Twice would sell with Taste of Love, but that just means they have more selling power and growth. When the next album releases, the company will have a better estimate of how much further upward Twice can go.

It does take time to produce albums but the problem is the company continuously underestimates them. And actually, we don't get TWICE's albums restocked regularly. Just check Ktown4u.

• It does take time to produce albums but the problem is the company continuously underestimates them. And actually, we don't get TWICE's albums restocked regularly. Just check Ktown4u.

It's a company, they want to make money and, more importantly, they don't want to lose money. Underestimating the demand and selling your entire stock will always be better than producing and storing more stock than you can move. You then adjust later to better understand the demand.

We do get Twice albums restocked. Maybe not as regularly as you like, but the older albums are still produced and distributed. Otherwise new fans would never be able to find the old albums to pick up, and the impressive numbers of album sales from Twice's back catalogue wouldn't be happening.

Underestimating is not "sabotage", it's just plain underestimating. They'll adjust for the future, and each time we've seen Twice sell more albums, so they are trending in the right direction.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• It's a company, they want to make money and, more importantly, they don't want to lose money. Underestimating the demand and selling your entire stock will always be better than producing and storing more stock than you can move. You then adjust later to better understand the demand.

We do get Twice albums restocked. Maybe not as regularly as you like, but the older albums are still produced and distributed. Otherwise new fans would never be able to find the old albums to pick up, and the impressive numbers of album sales from Twice's back catalogue wouldn't be happening.

Underestimating is not "sabotage", it's just plain underestimating. They'll adjust for the future, and each time we've seen Twice sell more albums, so they are trending in the right direction.

TOL charted for 3 weeks in the top 100 for BB200 but suddenly falls out the next week? How much time they need to understand the demand? TOL is their first album to surpass 530k pre-orders, going by my understanding of this I think it was pretty likely it will surpass M&M's first month sales. But guess what happened? TOL is also still not restocked in Canada and probably in US stores too.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But whatever, if you think they will produce enough albums next time, that's great. I hope they do too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!