Who remembers Simon and Martina (Eat Your Kimchi)?

• They were honestly a big part of my early Kpop experience and I actually learned a lot about Korea from some of their videos

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

protector of the gharqad tree

tumblr_lkl136Bxsg1qbvbvxo1_500.gif

• I've watched some of their K-Pop vids before. Simon jokingly calling Beast "Be-toost" has stuck around in the back of my head.

• Oh yeah. They used to be very cringe but at least provided some insight into Korea/kpop. But then fans of groups that part their skits/jokes got pissed and harassed them. Then I think they they something about begging or scamming money from their viewers and they lost them all.

• Contrary to many who seemed to absolutely hate them, they really made me fall in love with South Korea and its culture. Through their food videos, travel videos, and indie K-music videos, they really helped me discover so many wonderful things and to this day, I hope I can one day travel to SK and explore many of those foods, and those wonderful places. I know many people found them annoying, cringey and even disliked them because of the way they talked about K-pop and idols, but I never took it that personally. It was all jokes.

I do find it sad that they separated. They did seem like a couple that would continue together for a very long time, but I can see how Martina's health issues especially took a toll on both of them. I know, at least from what we could see, that Simon really did intend to dedicate his entire life to being Martina's caregiver. But maybe it just didn't work, and neither of them are at fault. I still follow Martina, mostly, and know she is giving it her all to move forward.

ea345ce0012bd5e135557199cecc6df68a5057c4.gif

ninguém como tu

• I have always known them but I have literally never watched a single video of theirs. I can only remember a controversy about them "begging" fans for money to remodel their studio or something like that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!