DFTF and Bambi are the best releases of this year and it's simply the truth

• EXO finally breathed again after almost 2 years with their special album Don't Fight The Feeling and they continue the trend of saving Kpop and having Kpop's best b-sides:pepepizza:

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

As the name suggest, it's a special album made just for Exo-l's. It's EXO's gift for us and that's honestly one of the sweetest things a group could do.

EXO best boys wbk

Honestly I can't even pick a favorite, every single song slaps in every direction found on a compass and as always, Exo delivers and flexes with amazing vocals. They sing so good, I'm always taken aback when I listen to them.

So DFTF like wow that's some great collection of songs in one mini.

It felt very cohesive and there are no throwaway filler song. It feels very much like their winter albums, except it's summery/bright/upbeat rather than dark/moody/sentimental.

Paradise and Runaway were standouts.

God the production on this album is so damn smooth, and the album as whole just proves that pretty much every combination of exo will give you stunning harmonies and vocals. No one and I mean NO ONE does group harmonies like them

Throughout the whole album, I was like damn This is how good quality sounds like

Runaway is THAT song. That song stomps on almost everything released this year

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The beats, the vocals, the melody…everything is just on point. The whole song sents me to heaven everytime I listen to it.

The depth of the vocals in runaway's chorus sounds so good and the chorus overlaying of all of them singing together is very different than i've heard from exo before. And I definitely can#t get over the chorus chanting or whatever that is

No but seriously the vocals and the cinematic moody vibes this song gives off, kyungsoo’s honey voice. Everyone singing together in the chorus.

I keep coming back to "Runaway", I love the layered vocals on the chorus, but the individuals vocals over the simple strummed guitar during the pre-choruses are just...I don't have words for how good they are. Baekhyun taking us to heaven during the bridge, just EXO things.

Now coming to DFTF- Okay i get the comments that this isn't the most unique/world shattering TT by EXO but EXO was always known for their diversity in their TT’s and doing their own thing.

Don’t Fight the Feeling it's the perfect title track for the album and i think they made it clear they purely wanted to release something fun.

Personally The rap here was one of their best rap breaks in their title tracks and I absolutely loved the Pre-Chorus and the BRIDGE (omg the bridge ended everyone’s career) those were classic EXO. I also loved that there's an actual hook.

Paradise- what can I say Baekhyun's voice never ceases to surprise me, but Kai right after him was just CHEFS KISS. This is such a classic exo track. Sehun’s voice in Paradise??? He's finally got lines and the boy ATE. Lay literally killing every line he go in the album we stan ;( Sehun and Chanyeol’s rap was a very smooth and seamless transition.

Jongin's falsetto in the beginning is just heaven and Xiumin low notes during the pre-chorus saved my live ;( and Kyungsoo’s english line was the best thing everrrr

No Matter - sorry my god I know I talk a lot about him but Baekhyun's voice, whatever vocal tear he's been on since delight and bambi is SO evident in the album so far, his tone is just SO pretty.

I have really missed the Kyungsoo/Baekhyun bridge duo and they shine here. They really do And can i say again kai!!!!!!! He sounds amazing in the chorus.

And all these Baekhyun high notes and ad libs omg omg omg omg. This song was basically another baekhyun vocal showoff

Just as Usual - I’M IN PAIN the lyrics really hit me and i love their laid back mellow acoustic songs... i love these songs because they get to just show off and have fun with their voices. And I seriously love love love this song

but can I pls mention Chanyeol and Sehun?? because both snapped so much, so so so beautiful voices.

What I love the most about the song is how you can feel the raw emotions, the way they portrayed it perfectly in the song

Even if I wouldn't have seen the lyrics I would have known that it's a very comforting and emotional song

This though, this is what a good cohesive mini album sounds like, not only in songs but in vocal compatibility as well.

As always the b-sides excel and are almost always better than the title songs. But it's EXO and EXO=Quality

The entire mini is a no-skip for me. 10/10.

I just wanted to say it's a beautiful gift for us and I couldn’t ask for a better one :pepecute:

Now coming to Bambi

External Content open.spotify.com

now that one is my fave release of 2021 ,Baekhyun really came through

Idk how to describe it but his album just feels so "expensive". It's so well-produced, vocal quality and delivery is top tier.

Honestly felt like I was in a vocal heaven. Baekhyun really knows how to use that voice to make phenomenal music.

He served as always — he doesn’t know how to disappoint

Also, when he said this album was 70% vocal he wasn't kidding. The album is basically him just totally flexing with his vocals

He’s seriously always raising the bars high to a ridiculous extent each and every time he releases new music and creating new standards for many. It’s insane, the work he does is INSANE

His evolution as both an artist and a musician has always been so fascinating and satisfying to witness, and it’s the way he constantly strives to outdo himself in every aspect possible and he always delivers.

Especially songs like Cry for Love and All I got are literally masterpieces

Also how dare he end the album with the masterpiece that is Cry For Love? How DARE HE?

Stream one of the best if not the best vocal performances of the year by a male idol :pepelove1:

so basically EXO came, delivered and saved kpop again with quality music, but lets be honest we're not suprised :pepe-toilet:

No Thoughts Head empty, only Baekhyun

F0CgG2zaUAIMXea?format=jpg&name=4096x4096  F0CgG2zaUAERynm?format=jpg&name=4096x4096  F0CgG2xagAEwdCR?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

• FrostyMaple

Changed the title of the thread from “DFTF and Bambi are the best releases of this year and it#s simply the truth” to “DFTF and Bambi are the best releases of this year and it's simply the truth”.
  • Exo has never disppointed and dftf was no exception. I like the tt at first listen. Yes it's not a very complex song like Tempo, but it's groovy, catch and pure fun.

Runaway is already one of my fav Exo tracks. I love everything about it especially the prechorus.

:pepe-sad:

Paradise is another fav. There is this ethereal sounding prechorus than the chorus

Damn girl you got me

You are the only one who make me do it like this

:pepemusic:

Just as usual gets better and better it's sweet mellow the rap part woth Electric guitar is very good and the last chorus is my fav

:lover1:

• The thing is these songs don't make EXO, it's EXO and their vocals and harmonies that elevate the songs to be as good as they are.

Baekhyun's whole bambi album was just a flex to show how much he is capable of doing. It was his most technically challenging album yet and it really is an album that only baekhyun can sing

Baekhyun's literally a wall at this point, his songs are just too difficult:pepe-legs:

you can use every baekhyun song for this meme :pepe-hehe:

Screenshot-20210412-194020.jpg

F0CgG2zaUAIMXea?format=jpg&name=4096x4096  F0CgG2zaUAERynm?format=jpg&name=4096x4096  F0CgG2xagAEwdCR?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

• Baekhyun gave so much vocally this year

Bambi and his japanese album are so good :pepe-sad:

I wanted to mention his jpn album too but I thought I already wrote too much :pepe-hehe:

but yes I absolutely adore his jpn album, especially get you alone, drown, addicted and disappear are so so so good

maybe I should do a separate thread for it :pepefrog:

• Runaway is really one of the best songs I've ever heard and it makes me so emotional and nostalgic :pepe-comfy:

• I respect your opinion. Though in my opinion, DFTF is one of the weakest releases this year. Bambi on the other hand, is one of the strongest.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!