Can you watch a Drama with an problematic Actor/Actress in it ?

• i can't believe the OP mentioned problematic actor and you think about dating scandal lmao, i'm pretty sure thats not what she/he meant from problematic actor, dating isn't even problematic, drugs, bullying etc. (especially since this were the latest korean scandals).

As for OP depends on what the actor had done, i watched Seo yeji's latest movie, she's a shit and a bit crazy person but her acting is on point, her real life personality doesn't stop me from watching her movies/dramas, now if we speak about rapists, murderers etc (which i wouldn't call problematic, they are simply criminals), definitely not.

You literally said the exact same thing I did.... lol.

• nobody got in trouble for dating, you should stop reading pann which is full of 12 years old girls, a very small part of fanbase make a fuss with a lot of haters involved, nobody was affected in any way career wise by dating

You’re acting as if I personally hate on idols for dating. Stop acting dense. Dating bans aren’t magical things that were suddenly made by 12 yr olds. And what the hell is pann?

• Absolutely. But also depends on the "problem".

For example, I think Koreans are going overboard with 'Bullying', yes it is a problem to be addressed in schools by teachers and parents.

But 'cancelling' people and their careers, for something like 'Bullying', when they were in their teens, is simply too extreme.

Teenage is a troublesome age for anybody, most will have their challenges and eventually grow out of it. That is why laws are gentler on teens as compared to adults.

'immaturity' is the norm.

So to punish adults based on such past misdemeanor is really toxic.

As to SYJ controlling her boyfriend, it is yet another nonsense. It is KJH who should be held accountable, as a mature adult he is responsible for his actions and is despicable to deflect it as being manipulated by another.

It is astonishing for me to see Koreans treating Teen mistakes as adult crimes and excusing an Adult mistake, as though it was an influenced teenagers.

~~~~

But there are other problems which can't be disregarded. I can't think of kdramas, but Kpop cases like Seungri - sexual abuse, physical abuse, financial scamming etc. generally these are legal crimes, these people do not deserve to be in the public eye, earning of their reputations.

Or maybe legal but immoral behaviour - like adultery, particularly by a woman destroying families.

~~~~~~

Otherwise I don't want to get involved in judging others - actors or anyone. Nowadays everything from their politics to brands they use has become a factor - exhausting. I just judge them by their work - whether I enjoy it or not.

Is it social media? that we have become so harsh in judging others over such insignificant things.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!