Is there anyone else who is not impressed by deep and inspirational music/lyrics?

• I personally csnt stand rap music I don't care Im always in it for the music ánd the vocals im not trying to read a xxxxxxx book although I can enjoy it when it is something like Lana del Rey or Taylor swift who have interesting things to say but mostly I don't care it does certainly improve a song when the lyrics are interesting though

• No lyrics aren't that important. however they shouldn't be too crude or sexual or violent, that I feel uncomfortable listening to them.

Its annoying when people have a superiority complex towards lyrics (K-pop fans especially). And I could have a whole rant about this right now. lol

And regarding music making people feel better. In my experience it has been a temporary distraction, making me feel better for an hour, and returning to my depressive and irritable state later. resulting in a cycle of temporary dopamine, and annoyance over and over. Yes even if it has fantastic lyrics. in simple words a 'temporary pleasure' Maybe because music is viewed personally as another form of entertainment, rather then a lifestyle( like Some people who take their music way too seriously, that they cant fathom others who dont listen to music, which is a lot of people in my experience)

• I definitely don't focus on lyrics. If I do, I get annoyed because the meaning doesn't connect from line to line like I'd expect from the written word. (yes, very similar to poetry and yes, I also don't appreciate rap as others do)

Not to mention, I don't understand any language besides English and some Viet. I can't just sit there staring at lyrics all the time... Especially since meaning gets lost in translation. Heck I don't always understand what someone is singing even in English.

Focusing too much on lyrics can have the opposite effect too...Learning one misheard word turned a sad song I loved to an extra sad song, I can't listen to anymore. Even thinking of it just now brought my mood down (and I don't have depression or any bad events in my life).

• No lyrics aren't that important. however they shouldn't be too crude or sexual or violent, that I feel uncomfortable listening to them.

Its annoying when people have a superiority complex towards lyrics (K-pop fans especially). And I could have a whole rant about this right now. lol

And regarding music making people feel better. In my experience it has been a temporary distraction, making me feel better for an hour, and returning to my depressive and irritable state later. resulting in a cycle of temporary dopamine, and annoyance over and over. Yes even if it has fantastic lyrics. in simple words a 'temporary pleasure' Maybe because music is viewed personally as another form of entertainment, rather then a lifestyle( like Some people who take their music way too seriously, that they cant fathom others who dont listen to music, which is a lot of people in my experience)

agreed of topic: but also how do you have 4993 posts but still a "newbie"

• agreed of topic: but also how do you have 4993 posts but still a "newbie"

I used to be on the old AKP forum before revamp. Account was banned due to request, and I just unbanned it a week ago.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!