Is there anyone else who is not impressed by deep and inspirational music/lyrics?

• I mean, I can appreciate good lyrics and stuff, but I'm more interested in the beat and the way the music and vocals sound. That's one of the main reasons that make me not want to listen / like Rap music.

Sometimes I listen to songs and seeing them being over-analyzed about the meaning of life and whatever other deep things there are, make me cringe.

When I was a depressive, lonely and moody teenager, music didn't do much for me, no matter how much I related to the lyrics. I couldn't see how those lyrics could help me in any way to feel better.

Oh well, maybe it's related to my complete and utter indifference to poetry that I have since childhood. :wellr: Or maybe I have sociopathic tendencies, who knows?

• I like hearing deep lyrics sometimes but I don't always want to hear them, sometimes I'm just in the mood to badda bing badda boom boom boom.

"Bunch of wannabes that wanna be me, me three if I was you"

• eh. It depends. Sometimes it's nice to have a song that sorta gets you, even in a small way, or is written really really nice in a creative way. Lyrics are a pretty important part of music after all.

Kpop isn't really the greatest place for lyrics tho. Some groups do have lyrically good songs tho.

Well, I did say that I can appreciate good lyrics and if there's a storyline in the lyrics, I enjoy following it (think of "ancient" songs like "Hijo de la Luna" by Mecano). But they can't make me like a song alone just because of it.

What attracted me to K-pop was the EDM music lol (BlackPink/Big Bang). I entered K-pop with the intent of finding more music with beats and beat drops that I like (however, I found EXO and fell in love with their vocals instead).

• Official Post

They have a time and place, but I think some people hang their hats on it too much. Not every song has to be deep and wrapped in subtext. Even The Beatles did silly songs.

• They have a time and place, but I think some people hang their hats on it too much. Not every song has to be deep and wrapped in subtext. Even The Beatles did silly songs.

For real!

I never interacted with fandoms and active fans of different acts until I started listening to K-pop, but the "lyrics discussions" were getting to a point where I was like "This is such a weird superiority complex that people have".

• Official Post

For real!

I never interacted with fandoms and active fans of different acts until I started listening to K-pop, but the "lyrics discussions" were getting to a point where I was like "This is such a weird superiority complex that people have".

It's very similar to people who dump on rap/current music. Every so often a post will circulate that compares "real" music like The Beatles or some other classic musician alongside something like "Stupid Ho" by Nicki Minaj or "Baby" by Justin Bieber to "prove" that music has devolved.

It's literally just another way to put down something.

• They have a time and place, but I think some people hang their hats on it too much. Not every song has to be deep and wrapped in subtext. Even The Beatles did silly songs.

Even some of their silly songs are deep. I read a book about it.

For me, it really depends on the artist or group. Either way, if the material doesn't connect it's a fail.

• It's pop music. It's fine if there's some deep stuff but that's not what you listen to pop for, it's mainly feel good music. Plus it's in a language 90% of ifans don't understand so full all they know they could be singing how to make brownies or something lol.

• i like deep lyrics when it isn't painfully obvious that the person is still stuck in 2013 tumblr posts. most people just don't understand that good song-writing doesn't always equate to deep lyrics.

personally i enjoy meaningful songs but there are singers that try way to hard be deep and it just ends up being cringy.

that's personally why i love don mclean's vincent so much. the lyrics are beautiful BECAUSE of their simplicity; the message can be understood easily. you don't have to do this huge breakdown of the song to comprehend the emotion behind it.

out of service

• Depends. I am completely fascinated about lyrics that have double meaning. After reading the translation for all Rammstein songs, I confess no lyrics impress me as much anymore. Lyrics used to be my favorite thing in music, especially because I was emo af so lyrics about being sad or lonely would hit a lot harder than they do now. And after kpop it really became just a matter of the song being catchy... Its not like I will find anything as great as Rammstein's lyrics soon anywhere anyway. How the song sound was always important as well, and still is. I listen to music from all places (Turkey, Finland, Japan, Ucrania, France etc) and I can't tell what they say in like 90% of it.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• well you can like either or you can like both...

it really depends on the individual and what they like...

the worst you get is somebody calls you tasteless...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!