• I'm not crazy about bacon in the first place. I haven't tried English bacon. I tried Canadian one and it was tasty, but the one I tried was on the gourmet side. Not sure how their cheap brands would fare. Cheap American bacon is meh and tastes a little too processed for me. More expensive American bacon is quite good thou.

Comparing Canadian and American bacon, I think they are pretty different and good on their own right, assuming both are of good quality.

• I didn't know bacon is different in other countries..... but I like American bacon aka bacon I ate in America

It tastes great, too bad it's fatty sometimes and greasy

Do you think English bacon "real" , American bacon ..."fake"? :eek:

National pride aside, what's the difference?

Which one tastes better for you?

Well it's the same thing just a different cut

I prefer the american one for burgers but canadian one for the rest.

Pancetta is also goo to replace american bacon :wellr:

• Both area "real" forms of bacon. American bacon (as well as pancetta) comes from the belly of the pig, while British bacon comes from the back.

• I'm not crazy about bacon in the first place. I haven't tried English bacon. I tried Canadian one and it was tasty, but the one I tried was on the gourmet side. Not sure how their cheap brands would fare. Cheap American bacon is meh and tastes a little too processed for me. More expensive American bacon is quite good thou.

Comparing Canadian and American bacon, I think they are pretty different and good on their own right, assuming both are of good quality.

British bacon is different to Canadian Bacon. Canadian bacon is more like ham. We have American bacon in the UK but we call it streaky bacon, it’s generally not as popular and only used in burgers or crumbled as a topping.

British bacon has much less fat, it is cut much thicker and has a single band of fat running along the outer length. It also has a very distinct, unique flavour, It’s not super salty like American bacon nor is it smokey. English bacon stands up as it’s own dish, it’s hearty enough to be eaten on its own much like a pork chop or steak. English bacon can be the main event, where as American bacon is usually garnishing something else.

That being said, it can be overpowering if it is used in the same way as American bacon. British bacon on a burger would be stealing the limelight from the beef. However a bacon roll is perfect as the bacon again shines through as the main event.

Ultimately British bacon is supreme, it is a delicious, powerful meat, with personality and depth. It’s earned its spot as the most important part of a full English breakfast. But that doesn’t mean American bacon doesn’t have its own place. American bacon will always be there for your cheese burger. Broken in your Mac and cheese. And wrapping sausages in a meaty blanket. But if I can only ever eat one for the rest of my life. I’m going English. God Save the Queen.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!