Lets discuss the financial insanity of disbanding a group like IZONE

• Looking at some rough figures from 2020 after a quick Google search

Total sales albums Korea and Japan : 1.6 million

2019 Tour 83,000 attendance.

Merchandise sales ???

Say we cost an album at $10 each, in 2020 alone IZONE could have generated $16 million in sales.

No idea what concert tickets are but let's conservatively put them at $25 a ticket = $2 million

Lets take a total guess and say they raked in $1 million from merch sales.

If we say post Co Vid in 2022 they can tour again (demand will be off the charts as well), make a similar amount from concerts and albums that's basically looking at $19 MILLION!!!

What are the costs, maybe $1.5 million on staff, $1.5 million on MVs, feeding them, clothing them $1 million, add another $1 million for other stuff flights, cars, Sakura's gaming PC etc = Cost to run IZONE is $5 million per year. So with the $19 million say knock off a few million in taxes we are now looking at maybe a $9 million profit at this point.... $500,000 sent to each company for the member knocks off $6 million leaving a clean $3 million to the owners/ creators of the group!

What went wrong here if other companies were willing to sign up - I can only assume say Starship if they were given this ballpark figure believed they could make more than that with two star idols in Ahn Yujin and Jan Wonyoung. Or that they were fully aware of the revenues and didn't feel the cut they were offered reflected that.

My figures could be way off though maybe they ate loads and that drove up costs :-D

WHY YOU SHOULDN'T HATE ON IDOLS

1. They are young people trying their best in a competitive industry.

2. You don't know what other pressures they are under, company mistreatment, diet, lack of success, not earning, long hard hours, family problems etc.

3. They have worked for years towards a dream to entertain us and offer it up pretty much free if you factor in streaming, Youtube MVs, reality shows.

4. We all know what can happen in extreme cases, mental health problems and even suicide (Sulli)

• I think there would've been lots more money made if they weren't disbanded but if they didn't have that catch of it's only temporary then maybe there wouldn't have been so much hype around them and other produce groups

Just a theory

• I think there would've been lots more money made if they weren't disbanded but if they didn't have that catch of it's only temporary then maybe there wouldn't have been so much hype around them and other produce groups

Just a theory

Maybe you had to kill off the golden goose so the new golden goose could fly. With the new Produce show arriving could the market handle two huge Korean/ Japanese groups? Why not find out at least give it a shot
    giphy.gif

2. You don't know what other pressures they are under, company mistreatment, diet, lack of success, not earning, long hard hours, family problems etc.

3. They have worked for years towards a dream to entertain us and offer it up pretty much free if you factor in streaming, Youtube MVs, reality shows.

4. We all know what can happen in extreme cases, mental health problems and even suicide (Sulli)

• Well, I don't know every detail abou the group, but they was a group with members from a couple of other groups and companies. But if they return to their orignal groups I guess those group would get a boost. So I guess it's not so simple to look on ow much the group brought in but also what kind of revenuee they bring in after being disbanded to different other projects. I also don't think the group would go on with the same popularity but would propably start to loose some of it when a couple of years have gone since the produce show was aired.

• Well, I don't know every detail abou the group, but they was a group with members from a couple of other groups and companies. But if they return to their orignal groups I guess those group would get a boost. So I guess it's not so simple to look on ow much the group brought in but also what kind of revenuee they bring in after being disbanded to different other projects. I also don't think the group would go on with the same popularity but would propably start to loose some of it when a couple of years have gone since the produce show was aired.

Never thought about it this way

Thing is we have the answer about post Produce popularity with say IOI, whose groups struggled, Weki Meki, DIA, Gugudan, Pristin - two disbandments there now. The power is in the group once you fragment it you lose that sadly. In terms of long term popularity I think once you go big you don't come down as proven by Twice and Blackpink. Even groups who organically grown over the years like WJSN really have established sales.

• The numbers are even larger than that. Close to 3M if you add in the Japanese physical sales for singles which most people do.

izone1.pngizone2.png

Disbanding Izone was the dumbest decision in Kpop history. These girls literally printed money. The selfish labels that opposed extensions are gonna watch as their post Produce groups flop and their poor artists struggle to eke out a living doing variety shows, solo work, modeling, trying desperately to remain as relevant and as successful as they were during Izone. Msnake too will burn as Wizones boycott their new shitty GG survival show.

• Disbanding Wanna One wasn’t less big, on the contrary…

• The final goodbye show was brutal, I mean you are literally just spreading darkness amongst the human race with stuff like that ;(

• The final goodbye show was brutal, I mean you are literally just spreading darkness amongst the human race with stuff like that ;(

Tell me about it. I have to LOL at all the trolls and insecure antis on Reddit in particular who like to imply that that the girls wanted to disband, acting like Izone was a prison that was preventing them from soaring, when in reality, every single post Produce group has flopped and almost every single post Produce idol is bouncing around just struggling to keep their heads above water (you dont hear a whisper about any one of them except Daniel, Somi, Chungha).

The girls know it too, that's why you saw such devastation on their faces. They know the dark struggles ahead. None of them will ever touch 500k album sales per comeback again, there's a 99 percent chance none of them will see the top 20 on Melon again, etc.

Yena is literally bawling here, she knows that Wizones are the only ones that will support her unconditionally...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Chaewon took a long time before she could speak when it came to her part as well depressing. The worst thing is that the quieter members like Hyewon will probably completely disappear, it's a real career destruction moment. Is it confirmed that everyone was willing to sign except Starship and Yuehua and that ended IZONE?

• Chaewon took a long time before she could speak when it came to her part as well depressing. The worst thing is that the quieter members like Hyewon will probably completely disappear, it's a real career destruction moment. Is it confirmed that everyone was willing to sign except Starship and Yuehua and that ended IZONE?

I read excerpts from the Korean forums that called out Yuehua and Starship as the main culprits, with freaking nugu label 8D also a possibility as a label that opposed the extension. I've also read that Msnake might have purposely offered shitty contract terms that they knew the labels would reject, just so Msnake could disband Izone and make way for their shitty new reality show Girls Planet 666 or whatever it's called. Also to bury Izone so that the GP wouldnt be reminded of Msnake's rigging scandal.

Whatever, i'm blaming all of these companies. X(

• They want their exclusive parts, when the girls are on izone they gain little to no profits, the part is way too small. One of the main idea behind those groups is literally promoting the girls before they debut with their respective agencies, at least it was the design behind the 1st 3 produce groups (x1 was different)

Someone's getting rich off IZONE and it clearly isn't the companies. I think MNET probably just doesn't care as a) they are a monster company and IZONE revenues are probably not and b) the next huge GG is around the corner. Just Googled that MNET are owned by CJ & M who are worth billions... drop in the ocean

• Someone's getting rich off IZONE and it clearly isn't the companies. I think MNET probably just doesn't care as a) they are a monster company and IZONE revenues are probably not and b) the next huge GG is around the corner. Just Googled that MNET are owned by CJ & M who are worth billions... drop in the ocean

MNET is getting huge money from izone but the girl agencies aren't stupid, if they can see an opportunity they would never let it. THats why the girls didn't resign

• I've also read that Msnake might have purposely offered shitty contract terms that they knew the labels would reject, just so Msnake could disband Izone and make way for their shitty new reality show Girls Planet 666 or whatever it's called. Also to bury Izone so that the GP wouldnt be reminded of Msnake's rigging scandal.

Girl's Planet 666 :-D

This makes sense on all levels... then they were always doomed poor girls I hope the Parallel Universe project can do something I understand they raised some decent funds.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!